gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 741 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

@fred2103 wrote:
But paying for a service and expected to pay again for a defective
product...Not my view of acceptable.

You are not expected to pay again. It's your choice. Defective or not I wouldn't use one. That's my choice.

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 742 of 763

If I wanted to use my consumer rights (Sale of Goods Act, Trading
Standards etc) could probably get my money back but fatigue has
set in. If it don't work and you haven't got a spare HH5/other router you

have to pay again if you want a working service. Say no more.

0 Ratings
Steve_
Beginner
Message 743 of 763

Someone should report this fiasco to the BBC's Watchdog programme! I would, but I'm not a BT customer, I'm with Plusnet.

I bought one of these Smart Hubs thinking it's WiFi range would be better than the HH5. The range of the Smart Hub is certainly better, but it regularly loses the internet connection, so I'm back using the HH5.

...and by the sound of it, Plusnet's CS is far better than BT's - and it's based in the UK.
0 Ratings
Cjd-1
Contributor
Message 744 of 763

Just got anew firmware. SG4B10002244

Dated 10 Feb 2017. 

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 745 of 763

Did you have 2244 with an earlier date before the latest Feb 10th one as there is

some debate whether it is a 'new' one with the same name or maybe an overwrite

of a corrupt 'old' 2244 on your hub?

Nobody has reported any noticable improvements.

Tried to get information on firmware plan if any and all I could get was " there are likely

to be firmware updates over the year"  (but no info whether the plan is to fix current

issues, or just roll out new features). "Any issues customers have are likely to

reflect unique/different setups and circumstances that might not be related to

the Smart Hub". So clear as mud then. They don't seem to know what the issue/problem

with the Smart Hub is so unlikely to fix it soon as they don't know what to fix.

Still no real acceptance there might be a fault with the Smart Hub or it's firmware or

if there is no one's letting on.

My issues are currently being diagnosed as potential line interference or a  power adapter

fault (funny though didn't have the issues with a Home Hub 5 and have swapped Power

Adapter to no effect. Not sure what will happen when all these potential red-herrings

are eliminated...at least the Hub Team are working on it.

Bottom line will be to go back to square one with a HH5 with speed doubled.

(current intervention has halved it).

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 746 of 763

@Jaimespencer @Tony8ken71 @DaveD I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your Smart Hub. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
nigelg
Contributor
Message 747 of 763

Hi, I haven't popped up on this thread yet, but just wanted to add that I have been experiencing the same problems with WiFi hangups, reboots, etc with the HH6. I have had two of them, and then asked for a HH5 which I have been using since. Mine is a HH5 type B. I have tried the HH6 on a couple of occasions when new firmware has been mentioned in this thread, but it always just results in lots of wasted time, annoyed wife, etc, so always end up back on HH5. I won't try HH6 again until some progress has been reported. For me this thread is very useful, and I believe I have probably read every post over a long period of time.
0 Ratings
Jaimespencer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 748 of 763

Touch wood miraculously the hub has not dropped internet connection all day !
0 Ratings
Dobie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 749 of 763

I contacted support again yesterday via chat informing them i've had enough of this hub. They are sure it's a fault with the box and are sending out a replacement.

I know it's a waste of time but i have to go through these steps to maybe get a back up HH5.

I've had a wifi drop out & reboot already today.

Not even had this junk for a month yet & i'm at my wits end.

0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 750 of 763

You can add me to the list of very unsatisfied customers.  The Smart Hub worked fine for the first couple of weeks, it updated to the latest firmware on the first night and settled down reasonably well although I had the odd problem with connecting to my Sonos system from my iphone.  After 2 weeks I started losing Internet connectivity many times a day and my Internet speed dropped from high 60s to low 50s.  I could not watch BBC iPlaYER  an d my synology reported loads of errors.  I replaced the Smart Hub with an old HH5a and most of the problems stopped and then once I set up my TP Link VR900 V1 I am rock solid again.  Add to that a 12% increase to my charges 4 weeks into a 12 month contract and guess who won't be staying with BT next year!

0 Ratings