cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 141 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Seems to cope with one handheld mobile device but as soon as someone tries to use another then all the problems start. That's what I think is happening anyway. Has got really bad since last Sunday but was doing it on a few occasions before that. Lights always a solid blue and all devices indicating that they are connected to the router but no internet signals on the screen. Can't say that the hub 5 was faultless when we first had it over 2 yrs ago but it was never as bad as this and always resolvable by switching it on and off. The hh5 got better as time went on. Thinking that it is likely we will have to go back to it if the replacement 6 faulty too. When I rang BT again I thought they would make me change the settings again but straight away sorted a replacement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 142 of 763

I'll join the queue of folk having problems with the Smart Hub 6 !

It's been just over a month since we paid £50 for the privilege of upgrading to the HH6 and I've wasted so much time on the phone to BT it doesn't bear thinking about.

The main issue is that, at random, every day or so, the HH6 won't access the internet. I've checked the GUI pages and I have a robust line connection (ADSL at 6.5 MB/s) as confirmed by BT who ran thier line check test. The GUI doesn't report any other problems but none of our devices will load / download from the internet. It's not a WiFi issue as my main desktop PC is hard wired to the ethernet port.

When we plug our old HH5 back on the telephone line, everything works OK again.

Today, I was passed from one BT agent to another and all of them stated that as I was out of contract, I would have to sign up for another 24 months and only then would they send out a replacement HH6. As I paid £50 for the device from the BT online, I was not happy. If I went to any shop and bought a vaccum cleaner which went faulty within a month I would be given a replacement straight away - not have to sign up again for an unrelated contract.

So BT have said they will try and find a way of getting me a replacement HH6 and will call back in a week. Why they can't just send out a replacement I have no idea but the agents do not have any authority to authorise it.

Really, unimpressed and wished I had saved my £50 and stayed with the HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 143 of 763

You have rights under sale of goods act etc, to repair or replacement and if they can't do that, then refund. Not easy though when having to deal with different agents on phone. One said to me, rather aggressively, " and what are you looking for to resolve this!"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 144 of 763

How do I delete a post on here? And how do I reply to a post including the posting I am replying to?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 145 of 763

After a certain period of time, I'm not sure you can delete a post. To include the text of the post you're replying to, use the "Quote" button at the top right of the area in which you type your post.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 146 of 763

i purchased the new Hub6 whuch arrived on Wednesday. No a good move it would appear it has been switched off so many times now i  have lost count and have now gone back to the hub5. Went to the online chat which went down to 7 mins the started going up past 11 mins +. i am looking to find out how to return this if a mod can maybe drop me a message. 

Not impressed with it and certainly not an upgrade on the hub5 for me anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 147 of 763

Have just plugged in replacement HH6 and now just got to wait and see.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 148 of 763

@Poppy7 wrote:

Have just plugged in replacement HH6 and now just got to wait and see.

With replacement hh6 installed fri eve, all ok so far apart from a disconnect from the Sky Box last night. That did happen sometimes with the hh5 though. Early days!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 149 of 763

Have had replacement HH6 for two weeks, now starting to lose wifi exept in same room the hubs in. It took 4 hours of arguing with various people before they agreed to replace it.
Thank god I didn't send HH5 back switching back tomorrow.
Signed up for 18 months to getit for just postage. If BT don't fix soon I'm changing ASAP.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 150 of 763

I'm phoning in the morning and I won't be renewing my contract. £50 wasted on the HH6, every device in house losing connection randomly and Sky On Demand service unusable.The lack of any official response on here is the final straw for me.
0 Ratings