cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prinknash
Expert
Message 81 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

bonky4 - as far as I'm aware, it's the same for everyone. BT Wifi shows as Not Active on the Smart Hub (which is accurate, because no BT Wifi channels are available) despite the fact that people are 'opted in' and still able to pick up other people's BT Wifi when out and about. I gather this is because of some problem with BT Wifi on the Smart Hub, which is automatically set to Not Active while BT fix the problem.

Your experience of BT Wifi websites sounds normal too (although obviously it shouldn't be). The one linked to from the Hub's status page is just bizarre, as it invites people to enter their username and password on a 'My Account' page but doesn't seem to accept anything that's entered. (In my case, my BT ID and my BT Wifi ID - which works perfectly on my iPhone - are rejected as incorrect.) The old, original BT Wifi website does accept my BT Wifi password (but not my BT ID).

BT really has got itself in a mess over this.

p  

0 Ratings
rnbetsy
Beginner
Message 82 of 763

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/myNetwork/devices

Formatting breaks once devices reach triple digit GB's. Tested on Firefox and Chrome. 

0 Ratings
DJFulford48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 763

There seems to be a bad batch of Home Hubs 6 that were sent out. The 5 GHz wireless band does not work on mine. If the two bands are seperated, and the 5 GHz band given a seperate name, it cannot be seen by devices. The 2.4 GHz band is erratic. My phone reports a strong signal, but says it will not connect until the connection is more stable. The wired connection does work and does connect to the internet. I have filled in the e-mail form, and BT said they will reply within 7 days (about 7 days ago). I will try a phone call on Monday. I have gone back to using BT Home Hub 5, which works well on both 5 and 2.4 GHz. 

0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 84 of 763

I had the same problem, contacted BT using the number in the user guide and had a new HH6 mailed out to me, which is now in and working just fine. Running merged bands successfully with 2iPads, 2 Macs , android phones and wireless printer.
0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 85 of 763

Another broken HH6....

If there's a faulty batch of HH6s I think I must have had one of them. Athough mine seemed ok with all sorts connected sucessfully until after the overnight firmware update to 21EC. The only things I'd changed at that point were the SSID and password, the admin password and lease time. Smart setup was switched to off.

The update also appeared to have gone ok but after a few hours the hub failed to the now famous solid green light

After a simple restart I discovered it had done a factory reset all by itself???

The hub would then work for a hour or so before failing to the green light again. It got harder and harder to get it to restart sucessfully. It definitely wouldn't work again by just switching it off and on, removing the power completely was slightly more likely to work.

Splitting channels, changing settings etc made no difference.

Finally,even after multiple restarts and (another) factory reset the wifi wouldn't work - I could connect but not actually do anything like browse or get to the hub home page. Wired connections were ok for a short while.

At that point I gave up and re-connected the HH5.

BT, after insisting I reconnected the HH6 so they could test it and I could fail to connect to wifi, is sending a replacement. The person I spoke to claimed to be completely unaware of the problems reported in this thread. 

0 Ratings
JJHamster
Beginner
Message 86 of 763

Also having problems connecting certain devices to my new Smart Hub via Wi-Fi. iPhone 6, Playstaion 4, and Sony Bravia smart TV all fail with "wrong password" messages. Samsung Note 3, Dell Laptop, Lenovo tablet and various other devices all work fine. If I revert to HH5 everything connects.

I tried phoning the help number given in the back of the Smart Hub user guide (0800 111 4567) which resulted in being bounced to someone who, after testing my broadband line, referred me to the BT Shop (0800 917 0514) who told me that it was not their problem and transferred me (after 10 mins on hold) to another number which turned out to be for commercial help only. I was then transferred (after 20 mins on hold) to a technical support representative who recommended that I continue to use my HH5 for the time being as they were expecting a firmware update for the Smart Hub soon. I got the distinct impression I was being fobbed off.

I ordered the Smart Hub since I wanted to improve my Wi-Fi range and, after reading reviews, I thought this would be a simple way forward. After wasting hours fiddling about with devices and then getting the run around on the phone I wish I hadn’t bothered.

0 Ratings
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 87 of 763

When I got the Wrong Password Message I restarted the Hub and that sorted it out. Its been fine ever since.

0 Ratings
jdmac87
Beginner
Message 88 of 763

Firmware Version: SG4B100021EC

Bug experienced:

Received SmartHub about a week ago, been working absolutely fine.

Today however the following has become an issue.

5 Ghz Wifi has stopped connecting correctly to any devices, most devices continually looking for DHCP server.

2.4 Ghz remains working fine, DHCP proven working as same service does provide addresses here.

Reboot of SmartHub does not resolve.

Reset of SmartHub does not resolve.

Band steering not enabled (not available to be).

Changing channels, doesn't change anything.

Disable IPv6 ULA (long shot) does nothing.

Doesn't matter whether split bands or not, provided the device attempts to use 5 Ghz it will not work.

I've sat directly next to the SmartHub with nothing to interfere with signal and it's made no difference.

Devices tested:

2 x Android phones.

1 x Windows 10 laptop.

Workaround (At present):

Seperated bands and connected to 2.4 Ghz only.

Unfortunately, when I do get Infinity (coming soon) this I expect to be a major problem limited the throughput dramatically.

Open to any suggestions on how to resolve.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 89 of 763

Hi @jdmac87 and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems with the smart hub. I can help with this. I'll need to run a few disgnostics so can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my pofile.

@JJHamster if you're still having problems please send over your details as well.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 90 of 763

Just got mine

stuck in the wheelie bin outside instead of the letter box (its big enough for it)

connected up strange new menu

Serperated the wifi no issues phones and tablet connect ok at 5 gb

printer connected ok on the 2.5 gb

will wait and see had issues with the BTTV was advised to go the smart hub 6 by the tech people

as my ip download profile had dropped baddy

so hop that now it will pick up

Strange reading

Noise margin:

9.1 / 9.1

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:
 seems diff from the Hub 5

Forgot to add do not like the way it keeps prompting for the password

0 Ratings