cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donkster
Beginner
Message 121 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

Wow. This router is such utter rubbish. The wifi connection issues like others here are now driving me mad. Why I changed from my previous non-BT router now baffles me. An absolute joke and total waste of money. This will be filed in the bin and my previous router re-connected.
0 Ratings
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 122 of 211

Re: FIRMWARE UPDATE IMPROVED -- Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

We all seem to have different experiences with the latest firmware SG4B10002236.

I find that I now have random and regular wifi disconnects. My Sonos devices along with the wemo switches keep becoming disconnected. I have turned of 2.4 ghz band wifi and things have improved. I have seet up an alternative 2.4 ghz access point on my network and things have stabilised.

0 Ratings
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 123 of 211

Exactly the same problem as you. Completely unusable.
0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 124 of 211

I'm glad I no longer have to put up with this 'smart' nonesense....

I've beenwith Sky for a week now and there Sky Q hub is so much more reliable... axtually I don't think I've had any issues with it at all.

Yet I still heae theres alot of problems with the BT Smart Hub back at my fathers place, depsite their being firmware updates.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 125 of 211

@BK303 wrote:

HAPPY to announce recent Firmware (FW) update to version SG4B10002236 was pushed onto my BT "Smart" Hub (BT Hub 6A, aka HH6) has made BIG IMPROVEMENT to my Wifi stability/reliability.   The status page (snapshot below) says "Firmware updated: 30-Oct-2016" which seems about right for likely date of pushed install, and some reported this version earlier in Oct, so probably not the release date.  Recommend trying this latest firmware update before hardware replacement due to Wifi issues.  

Thats the problem we can't "try" the latest firmware as there is no way to force the update. We just have to wait and hope it does update but means we have to put the crappy HH6 in place till it does.

Mine still hasnt updated.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 126 of 211

@mlmclaren94 wrote:

I'm glad I no longer have to put up with this 'smart' nonesense....

I've beenwith Sky for a week now and there Sky Q hub is so much more reliable... axtually I don't think I've had any issues with it at all.

Yet I still heae theres alot of problems with the BT Smart Hub back at my fathers place, depsite their being firmware updates.

Actually dont count your chickens as on another forum I've read similiar wifi problems with Sky Q Hub, works for a few weeks then goes downhill from there.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 127 of 211

@varkanoid wrote:

@BK303 wrote:

HAPPY to announce recent Firmware (FW) update to version SG4B10002236 was pushed onto my BT "Smart" Hub (BT Hub 6A, aka HH6) has made BIG IMPROVEMENT to my Wifi stability/reliability.   The status page (snapshot below) says "Firmware updated: 30-Oct-2016" which seems about right for likely date of pushed install, and some reported this version earlier in Oct, so probably not the release date.  Recommend trying this latest firmware update before hardware replacement due to Wifi issues.  

Thats the problem we can't "try" the latest firmware as there is no way to force the update. We just have to wait and hope it does update but means we have to put the crappy HH6 in place till it does.

Mine still hasnt updated.

I found the opposite with the SG4B10002236 firmware.

The Hub refuses to let anything join either the 2.4 or 5GHz WiFi after a few days and needs a reboot to fix. Affected iOS 10, Windows 10 (PC and Mobile) and Android.

As I didn't want to reboot and drop the broadband every few days I've gone back to an old Openreach modem and third party router. The Hub 6 is now a four port switch offering occasional WiFi.

0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 128 of 211

I too have the same problems with the Smart Hub. I've been on Firmware SG4B10002236 since 24 October and it has not solved the Wi-Fi issues at all.

The support agent on the phone takes me for a fool and says things like "Wifi is a value added service that we cannot guarantee to work" - yeah right...BT only markets it as "the router with the UK’s most powerful wi-fi signal". 

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 129 of 211

Just gave the HH6 another try. Straight away my wifi devices are connected and disconnected and the SSID is disappearing. So I disabled 5ghz, changed to mode 2 and then some of my wifi devices were connecting eg mobile phone. Checked the traffic log and I cant see anything that looks like its trying to check for firmware updates.

by the way just to show you how long this has been going on I am on firmware SG4B10021F4 22-Jun-2016

0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 130 of 211

@varkanoid wrote:

Actually dont count your chickens as on another forum I've read similiar wifi problems with Sky Q Hub, works for a few weeks then goes downhill from there.

Well, we shall see, however my father has been messaging me all day asking for help with smart hub as it will not stay up for more than 5-10 minutes at a time... he says that as soon as he tries to download something it just dies, we had thi issue with the last hub too... 

I'd hoped that issue would of gone away with the latest updates but doesn't seem to of.... 

So right now I would say I'm already in a better place with the Q Hub.

Also noticed on the Q Hub that I don't have any port issues like I had with both BT's hub 5 & 6...

Look's like I'll be removing his hub tomorrow and seeing if the old hub 5 will keep him going for a bit, I know that this week he's decided to just run ethernet cables to everything instead of relying on wifi.... 

BT contract ends in a month or so anyway.

0 Ratings