cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 131 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

I think I've just found a synical reason why the wifi on the HH6 is so pants of late.

BT want you to buy this !

Say goodbye to deadspots: BT Whole Home Wi-Fi brings wi-fi to your whole home

“Whole Home Wi-Fi is the first product of its kind to be launched in the UK. Its contemporary design will look great in any home and leads the way in wi-fi technology and performance.

“We’ve just launched the new BT Smart Hub, which provides the UK’s most powerful wi-fi signal vs major broadband providers. Now with Whole Home Wi-Fi you get three discs creating an intelligent network to extend your wi-fi to all corners of your home. And the app puts you firmly in control of your home network.”

Think I`m going to be sick.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 132 of 211

£299.99!

It should be provided free to every customer with a HH6.

0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 133 of 211

Quite cheap for a Mesh network to be honest. Google Wifi will probably be the same price when released in December.

But I am giving up on the Smart Hub now. I've got a Netgear R7000 and am looking for an Openreach modem now.
0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 134 of 211

@Pintu wrote:
Quite cheap for a Mesh network to be honest. Google Wifi will probably be the same price when released in December.

The Google one is likely to work first time.  I'd wait for others to try the BT one before considering it.

MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 135 of 211

Switched back today to my old Hub 5. Now back to seemless and uninterrupted WiFi all over the house
0 Ratings
russjet1
Beginner
Message 136 of 211

I have recently started having trouble with the smart hub.

i have separated out the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands and now anything attached to the 2.4 ghz band keeps frequently losing the connection to the hub.

i have tried using different channels (1, 6 and 11) to fix this, switched off smart set up and tried mode 2 all to no avail.

i notice that I received a firmware update on 12 November and this may have been when the problem first started.

all devices seem to be impacted, laptops, iPads, android tablets and my sky mini boxes.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix the problem?

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 137 of 211

I think you'll see from this and other threads it's becoming obvious it's a firmware problem and therefore won't be fixed by tinkering. Personally, I can't be bothered with all the hassle and have reverted to a HH5 which is totally stable.

As for Sky Q that problem was solved by installing a Sky Booster ethernet wired to the hub.

0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 138 of 211

Or switching to Sky and using their Q Hub which for me has been very reliable
0 Ratings
Pgpmas
Beginner
Message 139 of 211

so fed up, my 2nd hub 6 got updated on 16th and since then 2.4 gh wi-fi keeps dropping and crashing.

False advertising for the fast and best, total rubbish and very disapointed

Switching back to my Draytek router

0 Ratings
hartsideman
Beginner
Message 140 of 211

I too am switching back to the HH5 and to think i paid money to upgrade to an inferior (and now obviously defective via firmware update) HH6 

I will be ringing BT hoping for a UK person (not the totally useless indian call centre, we can sort that for you 3 hour loop de loop) im expecting a full refund or a fixed repaired hub by return.

BT will of course be losing my custom YET AGAIN (as soon as the contract expires) Not far away now.. 

You would think they would get their act into gear and actually sort the issues 

the other major issue is internal hub static ip address saving (just fails miserably to do it ) another 3 day 12 hour marathon with the "not so amazing" indian call centre, which ended in no resolution and promised tech calls to me not happening (unless i paid for it ) WTF 

0 Ratings