cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 191 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

I'm sorry Shamus, there just isn't time in life for such **bleep** nonsense. I dropped back to HH5 long before Christmas and haven't had a problem since
0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 192 of 211

just an update managed to get my HH6 updated to firmware after two months trying and so far a week later the Wifi is still okay. Only one device keeps dropping connection which is better than last time. How long it will last though? 🙂

0 Ratings
himars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 193 of 211

I admit my previous post (message 100 on 17/10/16) was a bit premature but my HH6 connection to my devices has steadily been improved and I can now reliably stream music around the house to Apple TVs and airport express devices. Computers have long been rock solid. Now on Firmware ...2244. Well done BT for getting the HH6 steadily sorted.

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 194 of 211

2244 not sorted my simple maintain connection and cannot find network issues

and I am not trying to achieve anything other than connect to a few simple devices

(laptop, ipad, smart tv and sky box) over a short range 10-15 feet.

I must be at the lower end of user complexity demands on the HH6.

0 Ratings
Padmane29
Beginner
Message 195 of 211

I'm on 2044 firmware. I find the DHCP server will only release 2 2.4G and 2 5G addresses. After that no more IP addresses are released from the scope.

I've tried fixed IP addresses but I seem to not get past the router so that would look like a DNS issue.

The router and the computer both say their connected.

This is VERY frustrating for a new piece of kit so highly advertized as being wow.

0 Ratings
Rogergent
Contributor
Message 196 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Hi i was wondering if you could help as im having an issue with my Samsung S7 Edge and the wifi on the smart hub.

the issue is some apps like zedge and some of my forum apps wont load content properly ie. ringtones wont play and images wont show in zedge or take ages to load and in my comic reader it takes ages to load each page.

if i switch back to my HH5 or use mobile 4g data it runs completely fine and i cant figure out why.

i have tried seperating bands , turning off wifi security , changing mode , using dmz , and nothing works only using the hh5 or moble data will solve it

0 Ratings
Message 197 of 211

@Rogergent wrote:

Hi i was wondering if you could help as im having an issue with my Samsung S7 Edge and the wifi on the smart hub.

the issue is some apps like zedge and some of my forum apps wont load content properly ie. ringtones wont play and images wont show in zedge or take ages to load and in my comic reader it takes ages to load each page.

if i switch back to my HH5 or use mobile 4g data it runs completely fine and i cant figure out why.

i have tried seperating bands , turning off wifi security , changing mode , using dmz , and nothing works only using the hh5 or moble data will solve it

thanks

My S5 is sometimes slow to connect to the hub on the phone startup, or resuming from standby mode.

Sometimes it conncts to BT wifi with-fon first, and takes a few seconds to revert to the hub connection.

Your phone may be connecting to BT wifi by default, when the HH6 is in use. This will give slow speeds.

Check your connection and options for wifi connections - go to settings (on the phone) > wifi.

Check that your wireless key settings are correct, and that the default setting  for connection is correct.

0 Ratings
cheznous
Aspiring Contributor
Message 198 of 211

Well I ended up getting the BT Whole Home wi-fi to avoid the problems I had.
If all my connections could have been made with 5g I would have no problems. But from day one 2.4 g was a wash out and would need constant rebooting else would either not allow connection or say no internet.
I only stuck with it because in terms of download speed it was better than any alternative I tried.
0 Ratings
Rogergent
Contributor
Message 199 of 211

I dont have bt wifi enabled i opted out of it.

i cam run speed tests on it fine and the browser works ok its just apps that use wifi seem to be an issue

0 Ratings
Johnf2
Beginner
Message 200 of 211

I have recently been supplied the smarthub as part of an upgrade and as the rest of theother users ibn this thread say i am losing wifi connection. this applies especially on my iphone.

i have been told it is a firmware issue. what worries me is this thread is so long and noone from bt has replied to say when the firmware will be issued

0 Ratings