Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 91 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

@smf22 wrote:
Problem is you have to put the thing back to get the firmware update.... at a time and schedule that BT dictate. About time they allowed users to update when it suits the user.

Unfortunately that's BT's problem, not the customer's.... so they ill have to change the system once they have a working firmwareso that all hubs get update as they come online and not when they feel its neccessary.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 211

HH5 back in place as the HH6 just crapped out again. At least I can see 192.168.1.254 now and load the config.

Once the TPLink VR900 turns up thats going in place.

0 Ratings
ebonygod
Beginner
Message 93 of 211

This hub does not work properly, some devices connect and some dont. BT need to find a fix for this.

0 Ratings
himars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 211

I have the same problem, my Apple AirPort Express(es) keep dropping the wifi connection. Also my iPad mini 2 does not connect. Did the update solve the problem? I want to know whether to hang on for an update (my firmware is 21EC). Apple discussion advice for the iPad is to revert to a HH5 but I did the environmentally friendly thing of posting mine back to BT in their provided packaging.

0 Ratings
himars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 211

I've tracked down the problem to the Smart Hub allocating the same IP address (192.168.1.75) to 3 devices, my iPad mini 2 an AirPort Express and an Apple TV. Anyone know if this is a 'feature' or a 'fault' that I might expect to be rectified by future firmware upgrades? The iPad is shown as a dynamic (DHCP) connection and the other two as static. I've tried configuring the AirPort Express as static with an IP address of .200 and had it working but today its back to .75. I'm really groping around in the dark so if anyone can help on how to set the Smart Hub up on a permanent basis and what IP addresses I should be using I'd be more than grateful!!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 96 of 211

If you can, manually set the IP address on a device that is not going anywhere else, and make sure its outside of the home hubs DHCP range. Choose an IP address between 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.63.

Just leave the home hubs DHCP to allocate IP adresses for roaming devices.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 97 of 211

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

If you can, manually set the IP address on a device that is not going anywhere else, and make sure its outside of the home hubs DHCP range. Choose an IP address between 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.63.

Just wondered why the device that is changed to static shouldn't be going anywhere else. Can you just change it back to dhcp again if you go and connect to somebody else's router? Thanks

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 98 of 211

@Poppy7 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Just wondered why the device that is changed to static shouldn't be going anywhere else. Can you just change it back to dhcp again if you go and connect to somebody else's router? Thanks

Just to explain that I currently have a sky + box and a windows phone which are sharing the same IP address and don't see how to alter the static address on the sky box. Have tried other remedies but no success yet.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 99 of 211

I'm not sure what I've done or whether I could do it again, but the problem has gone - for the moment 🙂

0 Ratings
himars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 211

Well done BT! I was upgraded yesterday to firmware SG4B10002236 and my iPad mini 2 stays on IP address 192.168.1.75 and the Airport Express gets allocated to IP address 192.168.1.81. All working fine!

0 Ratings