cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

I got the HH6 / Smart Hub today and I too am seeing dreadful wifi problems.  It is much worse than the HH5 it replaced.

For example, my Apple AirPort Express keeps dropping the wifi connection.  I've tried 2.4 and 5 GHz - no different.  I've got separate network names for the two channels and I've disabled WPS.

I'm hoping the HH6 will update tonight and improve things.  If not, the HH6 is going back for a full refund.  I hope BT have not released this product before it is fully tested.

0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 22 of 211

@gg30340 - Yes turned that off almost immediatly upon first start up.

@jaybeetoo - It does look like its still in development, however most new Bbroadband hardware alays is, you can never really iron out all the problems without it being distributed to alot more people.

The new Now TV Smart Box is still in beta testing yet is now for sale on the market and being supplied as part of their new bundles.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 211

I got an update overnight. So far, the Apple Airport Express is staying connected. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 24 of 211

@jaybeetoo wrote:

I got an update overnight. So far, the Apple Airport Express is staying connected. Fingers crossed.

I assume you got an update to the latest firmware listed above or is it later than that?

0 Ratings
SRT
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 211

Have also just recieved this mess of a smart? Router and its constantly dropping ipad and iphone connections and I have to re-enable via settings. I have disabled the smart set up as mentioned but if this is an example of improvement over my perfectly ok hh5 then yes its going back for a full refund. 😡

0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 26 of 211

@SRT -  Have you tried seperating the bands and connecting iPhone's and ipad's to the 5ghz band or the one that wil end '-5' 

It will be better for you as this band 'on mine atleast' is solid and also less prone to interference so may be better and faster for you and your devices.

THough I agree this is just a little go around, it should get you by while BT sort this out.

0 Ratings
SRT
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 211

Yes I have seperated them but its still giving issues. I see the firmware is the older april one SG4B100021D0

I think I may hook my old hh5 back up and leave this piece of tat connected so it may update?

I cant deal with all my existing working devices no longer doing so because I "upgraded" at £50 for something so poor not to mention Ryans hanging from a helicopter advert😡

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 211

other posters say the firmware updates within couple of days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 29 of 211

try and stick it out until this update goes in, if it don't do it over night maybe someone from the forum like @SeanD could get it pushed manually somehow.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 211

all hub updates are pushed out in batches automatically as for the mods doing it you would need to wait for an invite from them and then wait 3/5 working days for the to request a manual update by which time it will have comedown automatically
0 Ratings