cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Smart Hub Wifi intermittent and cycling

My BT Smart Hub has been working fine for a couple of years, but since mid last year the Wifi keeps dropping out. Sometimes it comes and goes every few seconds. Restarting the router fixes the problem for maybe a day or two, but we have several people working from home with ethernet connections which are fine, so I cannot always do that. 

On the web interface to the router, theres a section to switch on/off just the wifi, but that does not seem to improve the wifi.

I would think a new router may fix the problem, but theres nothing on the BT website to request a new smart hub or report smart hub faults. The phone lines seem to be shut because of COVID.

Please help!!!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Smart Hub Wifi intermittent and cycling

Have you tried a factory reset of hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash. Remember at restart to turn of smart setup

you could also split the 2.4/5ghz networks to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings