cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geekysquads1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart Hub and Apple Airport Time Capsule

I got the new Smart Hub about two weeks ago but I have now disconnected it and gone back to my BT Home Hub 5. The reason why is that BT broadband keeps disconnecting (orange light) and then my time capsule disconnects (orange light). I then have to remove all the cables from both devices and restart everything. It takes about half an hour to get everytinhg running again .

The Time Capsule is operating in bridge mode and broadcasting a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network.

The Smat Hub has wireless switched off.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I should do.

A friend also has the same problem. He has stopped using his Time Capsule as a router and just uses it for back up and connected directly to his computer making the original purpose of the Time capsule redundant.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart Hub and Apple Airport Time Capsule

A quick search of recent posts will show numerous issues similar to yours. Take a look here as an example:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Apple-AirPort-Extreme-Broadband-Disconnecting/td...

This has been a problem since at least the HH5 for some users and the only long term solution would seem to be ditching the HH for a compatible third party modem/router. There are also many posts covering suitable replacements.

0 Ratings
geekysquads1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks but this thread is about a HH5. Mine works fine with IPv6 enabled on my Airport Time Capsule. I will try it though with the Smart HH6 and let you know if it works.

0 Ratings
patersp
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately the resolution we thought we had found in the thread mentioned above is no longer a resolution. Started getting disconnects again today. Trying a third party router now.
0 Ratings
geekysquads1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

OK well I turned off IPv6 and it seems fine. Let's see if it drops out again. But fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
patersp
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I hope it carries on working for you, but if it doesn't then go for the Tp-link VR900. It's been rock solid for me.

0 Ratings