cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
2,063 Views
Message 11 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

The smart hub only allows three channels, so the app does not really help, as that is what Smart? Wireless is supposed to do, find the best of those three channels.

 

The fact that other nearby home hubs do the same, rather limits the options to find a clear channel Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
2,057 Views
Message 12 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

The smart hub only allows three channels, so the app does not really help, as that is what Smart? Wireless is supposed to do, find the best of those three channels.

 

The fact that other nearby home hubs do the same, rather limits the options to find a clear channel Smiley Sad


Agreed but at least the app can confirm if the problem is congestion.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
2,052 Views
Message 13 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

As the issue is an Android connection problem, its going to be difficult to download the app.

 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
2,049 Views
Message 14 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

 


@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

As the issue is an Android connection problem, its going to be difficult to download the app.

 


These days there are other ways, 4g, a friend or relatives wifi, little things like that.

0 Ratings
emnov74
Aspiring Contributor
2,037 Views
Message 15 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution
That's true but using her 4g is data allowance and the point of unlimited broadband is not to use data at home. She can connect no problem to 9ther providers Wi-Fi so it's BT. As for working via Ethernet on the laptop I can but shouldn't have to as I pay not too. All in all its pretty rubbish and reading up any tips I find tgis is a really common problem with BT Wi-Fi so they should do something about it
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
2,029 Views
Message 16 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

@emnov74 wrote:
That's true but using her 4g is data allowance and the point of unlimited broadband is not to use data at home. She can connect no problem to 9ther providers Wi-Fi so it's BT. As for working via Ethernet on the laptop I can but shouldn't have to as I pay not too. All in all its pretty rubbish and reading up any tips I find tgis is a really common problem with BT Wi-Fi so they should do something about it

If you haven't already done so, try googling "Improve your wifi with BT - a checklist". it should be the first in the list

0 Ratings
emnov74
Aspiring Contributor
2,018 Views
Message 17 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

Thank you - I have done this.  I am quite computer savvy to a degree and have googled for days and tried everything. I even had BT tech support remote access my laptop the other day and try - he managed to get it connected both the laptop and the phone and then of course a couple of days later they both get dropped again.  having read everything here I think I have tried just about everything...even removing the device and refinding it, turning firewalls off.  I think I am going to have to find a completely different solution as all BT say is factory reset the router which after 5 times is getting a bit tedious and doesn't help for long.  Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
2,006 Views
Message 18 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

Try the router I suggested, you may be able to get it locally.

 

All the setup details on on my webpage link.

 

I use one, and find no problem with any wireless device connecting. Even the guest netwok works fine.

 

0 Ratings
emnov74
Aspiring Contributor
1,987 Views
Message 19 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution
I think that's my only option. Thank you
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,978 Views
Message 20 of 37

Re: BT Smart Hub denying access to android and laptop

Go to solution

@emnov74 wrote:
I think that's my only option. Thank you

Please ask if you need any help, as I have the same router here.

0 Ratings