Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart Phone

Hi,

I have just bought a new BT Smart Phone. I am a bit disappointed with it as it does not come with the Google Play app for Android, just with Opera Mini, which is good for social networking sites like Facebook but is useless for any other Android app. You cannot even get the Met Office app or the BBC weather app with Opera.

I am really looking to know if there is a way of downloading the more popular apps. To my knowledge you cannot download the Google Play app as it has to come pre-instilled on the device.

If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart Phone

According to the blurb, all games, apps etc have to be downloaded from the opera mobile apps store

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

That is the problem; Opera mobile apps store is really, really bad.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Have you tried downloading the Google Play App from the google web site? https://play.google.com/store/search?q=google%20play

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Have tried to do as was suggested but it would appear, as I previously thought, that unless the device has Google Play pre-instilled it is not possible to download apps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

can you not download the app  .apk file to your pc and then load on to your smartphone - side load- and see if that will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings