cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT SmartTalk Activation PIN : Feature Report

Ok so run through the setup , enter my mobile number, text message doesnt arrive within the countdown timer.

Think no problems go off an do a few other things

about 20 minutes later the text arrives with a PIN saying its valid for 2 hours

Reopen the app, which I had completely closed, where the hell do you goto to continue setup??

Go into Settings | My Service| Update My Mobile Number

nope just the option to enter a phone number so do that then get a message saying I have to wait an hour before requesting a new PIN

Wait another 40 minutes or so tthen run through the above sequence again

Head Wall Bang

DISCLAIMER: although I work in the industry I do not work for BT and any opinions given are purely my own.
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT SmartTalk Activation PIN

there are other posts like this on this board.  were you at home when you installed?  the pin number is usually sent within a mnute or two and if you are still in the install then the pin (on android) enters automatiaclly and then continue - seems to work right away

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

aye I saw those but they dontreally  answer the question , this seems to be a bug  feature that maybe should have been identified as there can be delays sometimes on mobile networks in receiving texts ie a continue/re-enter your PIN option

Anyways yes I am at home, had to be to get the automated phonecall 🙂

DISCLAIMER: although I work in the industry I do not work for BT and any opinions given are purely my own.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

FYI redid it this morrning and it worked however this doesnt take away from the fact that the UI could be improved
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 19

Hi Panman1964,

Are you using an iPhone or Android, and what version of the OS is the phone running?

It may possibly be a phone issue if you’re using a very old device, let us know 🙂

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Hi Stephanie

as it happens its a relatively new Samsung Galaxy S Duos running ICS hwoever thats a little academic as Ive now got it set up

The point is that if for any reason there is a delay in receiving the PIN and the App has closed whether becasue its auto timed out or you've otherwise closed it then there is no way of continuing the registration process without starting from the beginning and potentially ending up in a vicous cycle

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

Re: BT SmartTalk Activation PIN : Feature Report

I have an iphone 4 and have tried about 15 times over the last few days, get to the text mobile for pin bit, and never receive a pin,.

I would really like to get this activated.

Julie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

sorry but have you checked that mobile number is correct?  have you looked in MYBT then services to see if smarttalk is there?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Yes the mobile number is there, cannot see smart talk in my services

Julie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 19