cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 56

Re: BT SmartTalk for Windows Phone 8

@BTCare tweeted to me "Not for 7 but looking at 8, nothing concrete yet but that's the latest advised".

So let them know via Twitter that there is demand for it!

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 56

the original advertisment stated:

"bt smart talk is a multi-platform application........"     2 platforms is NOT 'MULTI' its 2!

i personally dont use a mobile phone, so when i saw the smart talk app, its actually one of the reasons i got bt!, so to find out that i go out and buy the most UNIVERSAL platform available, and your not touching it!

not bieng funny but since windows has been around since 3.1, did you not think it might 'take off' a bit or did bt seriously think, that people who actually care what there tech does, would dump windows, for '2 bit' google made flashy gui ?? 

sort it out bt

let me down!

Message 33 of 56

As a WP8 user, I pay BT the same for my phone and broadband as Android and i-Phone users but get a shabbier service. You need to produce the Smart Phone App for WP8 quickly, BT and not just talk about it!

Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 56

Just got a text message from BT "Make a BT SmartTalk call in March and you'll be entered into a prize draw.....".

I've a Windows 8 mobile.

Any update anyone?

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 56

Hi SWB,

Thanks for posting. No plans yet to introduce Windows 8 anytime soon but we’re still looking at it, hopefully for next year. We’ll keep you posted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 56

C'mon BT, time to stop sitting on your hands and act on this. We're your customers too.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 37 of 56

I'd also like to see this, just got an email about SmartTalk - seems a bit unfair to send it to people that can't get it.

Whenever I want to call 0800 numbers or whatever, I use Skype on Windows Phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 56

@davidmobile2811198 wrote:

the original advertisment stated:

"bt smart talk is a multi-platform application........"     2 platforms is NOT 'MULTI' its 2!

i personally dont use a mobile phone, so when i saw the smart talk app, its actually one of the reasons i got bt!, so to find out that i go out and buy the most UNIVERSAL platform available, and your not touching it!

not bieng funny but since windows has been around since 3.1, did you not think it might 'take off' a bit or did bt seriously think, that people who actually care what there tech does, would dump windows, for '2 bit' google made flashy gui ?? 

sort it out bt

let me down!

Hardly the most UNIVERSAL platform for mobile phones, and with only 10% of the market that proves it.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 39 of 56

I think you might be missing the point, people keep bringing up this "only 10%" thing which I find weird.

A more interesting question should be, "should BT support the top 3 platforms?"

If that's a resounding "yes" then that includes Windows Phone as while it might only have 10% it's still the third most successful mobile operating system (and what market are we talking about? a market with 100 million phones? Because that would give it a 10 million phone market share - I'd say that's pretty good).

Message 40 of 56

Latest industry projections suggest Windows Phone 8 will be the number two mobile platform in the UK before the end of 2014.

BT clearly behind the times with apps for this platform, SmartTalk in particular but also the BT Sport App.