cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 56

Re: BT SmartTalk for Windows Phone 8

Please add my name to the growing number of BT customers who are unable to use BT SmartTalk on their Windows Phone 8.

An App is urgently needed for all BT customers to get the same deal.  A very disappointed customer of over 30 years.

Message 52 of 56

I too have a Windows Phone 8 and have recently signed up to BT Mobile.  When speaking to a BT assistant last week he told me that the App for the Windows phone is being developed but couldn't tell me when it will go live.  I hope that BT will get their act together and that it won't be too long!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 56

this thread started over 2 years ago - so don't hold your breath

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 56

Posted this in the windows 7 thread. Probably worth repeating here.

BT will not produce an App until Windows phones are more popular.

Windows phones are struggling to become popular because there is a limited number of apps.

So how to break that cycle.

Have BT offered access to the source code (for free) to developers who could produce an app which customers could purchase?

The developer gets payed (Possibly lots) which makes them happy.

BT get the app for no cost outlay which makes them happy.

Customers get the app which makes them happy.

This isn't hard BT. It really isn't.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 56

when you read articles like this is there any wonder new appsare not being developed http://www.computerworld.com/article/2946053/windows-phone-os/microsoft-lumia-and-windows-phone-dead...
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 56 of 56

That seems like a pretty biased article and seems to be more about gloating about the author claims he was "right" more so than anything else, but that's what we expected from journalism these days right?

When you look at the bigger picture instead of a single write-off, they're just consolidating the whole Nokia acquisition, they don't want to be producing tens of phones a year, they're looking to product just a few phones a year, if that - i guess if you will, take the apple approach to hardware. So i don't think that article is really anything to go on.

0 Ratings