cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT Smarthub restarting?

Hi All

Recently upgraded to the new smarthub which i've had now for about a month. However during this whole time I have been getting random disconnects. The time between them can vary from hours to the most i've seen is 2 days. Basically what appears to happen is that my router just restarts by itself? When it happens i cannot ping the router, and below shows the following event log. As you can see it looks like the date and time gets reset as well, but after a few minutes it does then change the event log to the correct time.

Event log

The previous router i had before BT HH6 i believe? I never had disconnection issues. It is plugged into the same power socket as previous router was.

Just to add more info...

Firmware version:

v0.09.03.07171-BT

Firmware updated:

undefined-undefined-undefined

Any ideas on this? Otherwise i feel like reverting back to the old one even though we have paid for this one.......

Thanks

Dean

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smarthub restarting?

Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum.

The Hub 6 seems to have a few issues.  Have a look through the forum and you can fins similar issues posted.  Best bet is to go back to using the Hub you had no trouble with before.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Merry Christmas Liam

Just double checked, and i think my previous router was the HomeHub 5.. the smaller one? The one i currently have now is the new BT Smarthub. I did try and check beforehand but could not find anything relating to my issue I think. The ones i did find the solution was just to get a full replacement.

Looks like I may need to go back to the old one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@xxdeanoxx

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Smart-hub-keeps-restarting/m-p/1796389#M255...

I think its an issue with poor quality control, as BT seem to replace them without question.

0 Ratings