cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT Smarttalk - billing complications!

I like the BT Smarttalk concept but hate how it complicates my bill, even though it still does not increase the line rental! Smiley Indifferent

I have also noticed that the system used my Smarttalk id (0331 6xxxx) when upgrading my broadband rather than the landline number. I assume they will improve all this in time?

BT Bill.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Smarttalk - billing complications!

My bill is set out differently to yours

But my bill doesn't give the smarttalk service id as a phone number.

You could try billing live chat...

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

BT's bills are always hard to follow when there's been a price increase, especially if there's a service change to account for as well. They giveth with one hand and taketh with the other, in bits and pieces.  I think you're right - it will all come out in the wash.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, but it's not how the price changes are shown that I dont like but the fact that there are "charges" showing against my smarttalk id Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 8

I understand that is the only way to 'add' the extra line. Don't forget on some plans the calls will be chargable.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 8

As for the number being used for the upgrades I wouldn't worry to much as your broadband number will still relate to your physical line.

The only difference is if you have FTTP - Then you will see an ONT number on any orders linked to the fibre curcuit.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

I just got my bill, which looks fine. Just this instead of all the stuff in the original post:

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I got a bill very similar in basic appearance to pottyperson's. I did get a weird "warning" on the bill to the effect I had better watch out or I might be charged next time, because "The minimum call commitment has not been met. Make 2 or more chargeable or inclusive calls per month to avoid future charges."

Hmmm! I made 147 calls over my three-month billing period, fairly evenly distributed over time. Now 147 in 3 months is rather more than 2 per month. What I did do is register for SmartTalk and make 2 calls to 0845 numbers to test it out. I suspect the stupid billing system is looking at the SmartTalk calls when evaluating the "commitment" rather than the usage on the land line itself.

It's also interesting that the billing arithmetic doesn't work properly on the web page, because some charges or credits are omitted even when the details are fully expanded by clicking on the + boxes.. They do show up in the PDF though! Here's an example. In the PDF a credit of £2.82 appears just after the last line shown below. 

Line Rental                                                                                                        £41.92

3 Oct - 4 Jan 13

This is made up of:

• Line Rental £44.74

This is the cost of your Line rental up to 4 Jan 2013 at £14.60 a month

0 Ratings