cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 65

Re: BT Smarttalk security.

as you didn't start the thread you cannot mark it as solved only the person who started the thread can mark solved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 62 of 65

This is an interesting discussion.

I can confirm that both the media (the audio of the call) and the signalling (who you are dialling) are encrypted.

Stephanie

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 65

Stephanie, thanks.

Personally, I never doubted it, but I did check using a network analyser, just to make sure, as the very first version, under the "other" name was not, but that seems a long time ago now Smiley Wink

Its important that people who visit this forum, are 100% sure of the apps. security, which is actually more secure than using your landline.

janner43
Contributor
Message 64 of 65

@imjolly wrote:

as you didn't start the thread you cannot mark it as solved only the person who started the thread can mark solved

I see - the star is just a "thank you" then 🙂

0 Ratings
janner43
Contributor
Message 65 of 65

@StephanieG wrote:

This is an interesting discussion.

I can confirm that both the media (the audio of the call) and the signalling (who you are dialling) are encrypted.

Stephanie

Perfect Stephanie 🙂

Thank you very much indeed - I appreciate the "official" reassurance from a BT employee.

(With my thanks again to Keith)

0 Ratings