cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superhoop
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Speedtest result - should I be concerned?

Hi all, bit of a doofus whith all this im afraid so a simple question for you.. Im learning tho honest! Have had intermittent and complete loss of internet connection problems for some months now. Original problem was with excessive noise on the line which was resolved with an engineer visit. Very helpful and on time too he was i should add. This was back in July, have had 2 similar issues since and having had my speed reach the giddy heights of 7/8mb Ive just run a speedcheck and its down to 4.0 again. The engineer did say that if the speed didnt stabilise then the problem may be the hub. Internet has NOT been a problem with this speed but given its dropped back to 4 and has been there for some days should i be concerned it will dip again and I'll have the same issues as before. Also have BT Vision and this sometimes has a little interference and Im wondering if this would be down to the current speed again? Its getting a bit tiresome now, dont want to give it the commentators curse but if it should become an issue again this would be the 4th time in 2 months. Is 4.0 perfectly acceptable or should I be concerned. Sorry if this is simple stuff but im not sure if this is deemed an ok rate or not given it was up to 7/8 and the engineer did say if it drops too far I'll have issues again. Just wondering if it would be the hub itself or not as the guy suggested, Ive got one of the 'old' white ones. Apologies again for not being very technical!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Speedtest result - should I be concerned?

can you post the adsl stats from your router and run btspeedtester and post the results. Someone may then be able to offer assistance  for stats enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
superhoop
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi imjolly, thanks for that. Ran the adsl Ip test.. i think.. wasnt sure how to 'navigate to adsl' after entering in browser but if ive done right downstream was 4541 and all the subsections had a green tick next to them? Ran the speedtester and this showed a download speed of 4065 and stating 1000-4000 acceptable rate of speed for my connection so I assume this is then all ok. How do you 'navigate to adsl' after entering the Ip in browser tho, not sure i did that, how do you get all the reults of noise on line etc? Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

sorry I don't have HH1 but once you have opened the hub manager is there a heading broadband?   if so adsl is usually under that heading.  someone more familiar with HH1 may be able to give better directions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

With the HH1.0, go to advanced settings, log in, then go to status, then click on adsl.
0 Ratings