Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlas
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Speedtester Problem

Go to solution

I've just received my BT Accelerator and, as advised, tried www.speedtester.com so that I could see the speed change produced by the Accelerator. I have used speedtester before with no problems but now, after I have provided my phone number, I am being asked for "Additional Validation" of User Name and Domain Name. No matter what I reply I receive "Test Error" and the process fails.

Help please? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Sandy_P
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Speedtester Problem

Go to solution

www.speedtester.bt.com is requesting your Network ID when it asks for your "normal login name". This is the name that is entered into your BT Home Hub and is: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Try that and see if it works.

atlas
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for such a prompt response. Just tried again. When prompted I put bthomehub for User Name and btbroadband.com for Domain Name. Everything worked fine. Still confused as to why I had to supply this info, as I didn't have to before, but happy that I have a solution.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

CG Over An Out
nickwynne
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It's not network ID, it's service ID, which you can get from your ISP.

Not normally needed for the speed test. The service ID will be along the lines of CBUK12345678 (for IPstream & datastream service).

0 Ratings