cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport App Firestick No Upper Case Option

Hey guys,

a family member signed up for the Bt Sport app. However, their BT ID contains an upper case letter, and on the firestick there is no option for upper case characters at the log in stage (there is for the password, but not for the BT ID). 

It's the same on the Xbox (but not on a NOWTV stick, for whatever reason. However, the family member in question wishes to watch all their content through a firestick and not swap devices over all the time).

I've tried using a keyboard through the fire stick app, but it says the bt sport app is not compatible with it. 

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport App Firestick No Upper Case Option

There is somewhere to enter upper case letters in the BT ID but boy have they done a good job of hiding it.

Either press the button with 3 parallel horizontal lines on your Firestick remote or click on the number and symbols key on the on-screen keypad

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thank you for your response. Forgive me, I might be doing something wrong here, but selecting the 3 horizontal lines simply takes me to the numbers and symbols menu, as does selecting the numbers and symbols menu on the keypad. I still see no `shift` option on either menu to apply upper case letters.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If you're looking for the conventional upward pointing arrow then no, you won't see that, you need to be looking for a capital letter (A if memory serves correct). It's on the right hand side of the keypad.

I did say they've hidden it well the crafty little developers

😄

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

No joy I'm afraid. Clicked every button just to be sure but no change to upper case. Thank you, though, I may have a faulty fire stick. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Like I said, the crafty little darlings? have hidden it well.

Take a look at the pictures, the arrows point to the options you need as I see them on my Firestick, it's not quite how I described earlier but not far off

FS1E1.jpgFS2E2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Unfortunately, clicking the arrowed button simply switches me between the two menus and doesn't change any of the letters to upper case. 

Anyway, thank you again, a new all lowercase BT ID might be a simple fix 😊

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Email addresses (and thus BT IDs) are case insensitive. Enter it all in lower case and it'll work fine.
0 Ratings