cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

Just noticed your reply Darren, thanks for acknowledging the cause of buffering.

Is there no possibility of pressure being put on Google to fix the outstanding 4k issue? This has been going on since August and there appears to be no expectation on fix - it's really poor to be honest. 

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 135

Go to solution

Wish i had looked at all this before selling my chromecast ultra and brought the google tv version, the issue with the motion and no 4k is really disappointing, only really got it for BT sport ultimate and to use the timeline, google need to fix allot of issues on this device  but do not seem to be doing anything, hopefully android 12 tv fixes allot of bugs and that it comes to this chromecast soon.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 135

Go to solution
Just to be clear on this one - Google are doing all they can, and there is active development on this. There's nothing we can (or need to) do to push harder.
This unfortunately isn't a "bug" as such ... the hardware just isn't quite as capable as they originally thought. They're doing all they can to optimise the drivers and software to squeeze the best possible performance out of the hardware.
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 135

Go to solution

Darrendev a little feedback on this issue but if we can stream Disney+ in 4k Dolby atmos and vision it’s a little strange the hardware cannot cope with BT sport 4k. For a provider which pushes it product as a streaming service is a bit disappointing.  It feels more like consumer demand is not interested in having the issue resolved 

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 135

Go to solution

It's borderline false advertising then to sell a product that doesn't work properly.

It seemed to work 4 or 5 months ago without any issues. If you're saying a fix is a long way off yet, what does that actually mean - they don't know how to fix it because the hardware isn't good enough?

This is not really acceptable, is it?

This stinks of a product not properly tested before being released!

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 135

Go to solution

Will the new chromecast update change anything, i see that there was a change that means it no longer has to convert hlg to hdr10 which i thought could have an impact on the bt sport app.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 135

Go to solution
I've not been told of any changes that would affect this issue. Our content is already HDR10, so no conversion from HLG required. I'll check if we see any boost in performance with the cap removed though, just in case.
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 135

Go to solution

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed we get some movement on this, i have to to go back to my old 4k firestick for bt sport ultimate for the moment, the chromecast update also mentioned DRM video decoding performance improvements along with bug fixes and general performance improvements. 

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 135

Go to solution
We've tested content without restriction and it appears they may have cracked it! We're not seeing any issues now with the quality cap removed.
With that in mind, we're going to fully test quality on the BT Sport Ultimate events scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday night this week. Assume all tests are successful, we'll re-enable 4K on Friday ready for the weekend.
Thanks for letting me know about the update @benshaw627 - I'm now off to ask my Google technical manager why he hadn't told me about it.
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 135

Go to solution
Sounds very promising.
0 Ratings