cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

@DarrenDev any update on this? Was hoping the Chelsea City match would be in full 4K?

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 135

Go to solution

4k still broken, this really is very very poor, especially as communication has also been bad.

Why haven't you emailed customers about the problem??  There must be an eta on when this is going to resolved?

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 135

Go to solution

Most customers won't even know there's an issue - the 2K video stream is still great.

There is no ETA on when it will be fixed - it's not a simple "fix this bug" issue.  The 4k stream works, but the device struggles to keep up and so video frames are dropped.  Google are trying to squeeze maximum performance out of the hardware to get it working fast enough.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 135

Go to solution

I've watched the rugby on ultimate for the last few weeks and it's been pretty good.

There are still frame drops, normally when the video switches to a pitch side camera, which lasts for a few seconds, and then plays as it should.

I have noticed the sound has been out of sync, really noticeably. Just tuned into the Harlequins game now and the sound is much better, almost in sync but it is still slightly off. The adverts are synced correctly.

Thanks for the work that has gotten this far, it's almost there. I'm sure you're already aware of these issues but thought it worth mentioning. It is now a watchable stream which is good

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 135

Go to solution

So in affect, this is a product falsely sold as supporting 4k for BT Ultimate, when in fact it doesn't??

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 135

Go to solution

That would be an issue for Google to answer if they are doing that - do you have a link?

@rustyladwrote:

So in affect, this is a product falsely sold as supporting 4k for BT Ultimate, when in fact it doesn't??

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 67 of 135

Go to solution

Well then you should ask Google that very question? They've clearly sold this product, and have now realised the product isn't good enough for the intended purpose - and now they're trying to get it to work with a product they've cut corners on to make it cheaper!!

I can see why people use Apple over Google now. Rubbish hardware!!

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 135

Go to solution

I'm currently watching Leicester Vs Northampton on Ultimate and it's been flawless for nearly 2 hours

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 135

Go to solution

Just watching the Man Utd game v Southampton, the picture is so dark.

Switch to BT Sport 1 it's much brighter. 

I'm watching the rest of the game on BT1 as ultimate is too dark. Ridiculous considering it's meant to be HDR

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 135

Go to solution

Google for "HDR picture dark" @rustylad - it's because it's HDR that it appears dark. It's the most common feedback we get. Some people just don't like HDR.

0 Ratings