cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

Brightness is really good this evening, but the image quality seems to have reduced a short while ago?

Looks like it's reduced to SD quality?

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 135

Go to solution

Just started watching the game on Ultimate this afternoon, looks like the picture brightness has been put down again.

Comparing the Ultimate channel with Sport 1, the brightness has definitely been reduced again - it looks so dull, like a torch running on low batteries.

Wierd why BT keep doing this!!

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 135

Go to solution

Watching on ultimate now, really really regret getting rid of my chromecast ultra. I feel sorry for the app developers as this device is the worst streaming device I have ever had for smoothness and frame rate issues despite it being the newest in terms of launch date, my 2018 firestick 4k runs better but has the odd bit of buffering. The ultra used to run with hardly any issues. 

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 135

Go to solution

This issue has been ongoing for well over 6 months now.

Is there any fix in sight or has this product been falsely sold???

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 135

Go to solution
I'm afraid it's not likely to ever be improved over what it currently offers.
I spent some time a couple of weeks ago testing everything I could, and the only way to get the 4K video to play smoothly was to strip everything from it - no overlays, no controls, but more importantly no monitoring (so we'd have no view of how well the service is running). I'm afraid that's not an option.

I've not given up, and I'm still holding out hopes that Google are going to be able to optimise further too, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this device if BT Sport 4k is a requirement. Sorry.
0 Ratings
Message 86 of 135

Go to solution

OK, so to the point. This is a falsely sold product???

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 135

Go to solution
Not sure what you're referring to.
BT Sport is available in 4k on some devices.
Chromecast with Google TV supports 4k for some video formats.
0 Ratings
Message 88 of 135

Go to solution

What I'm referring to is that Chromecast with Google TV was specifically advertised as supporting BT Sport in 4k.

That is no longer the case?

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 135

Go to solution
It did support 4k for the first year, when BT Sport wasn't protected.
Since we had to add DRM protection, the device is unavailable to keep to. There were a few other devices affected too.
0 Ratings
Message 90 of 135

Go to solution

OK, I think this poorly made product that has been sold on the basis of false advertising in claiming it supports BT Sport 4k, but it doesn't.

What does this mean going forward? Viewers of BT Sport just have to accept it doesn't work as was previously advertised?

That's scandalous!!

0 Ratings