Go to solution
That's great, Colin. Thanks for the reply and look forward to the update! 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Re: BT Sport App jumping on Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40 tablet

Go to solution

Not sure if this will help Colin or others at BT at all, but been trying to watch the Ashes last few mornings, with mixed results. 

The highlights program  from 9 am was jumping (as was football last night), and pretty much unwatchable, but the full replay of the day's play (after the event) was working fine.  This leads me to think that the problem is watching "live" action only - ie watching the BTSport 1, 2 3 output as you would via Sky as I used to.  Any other videos via the app seem to work fine.

Although I should say though that one night I watched a few minutes live Ashes from 11:30pm and it did seem to be ok.

Not sure if this will help Colin at all, but does he have any idea when the promised "fix" will be available, as I'm thinking about giving up and paying to watch through Sky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
It is the same for me, I've been watching on demand stuff after the event with no issues at all, it's just the live events that cause the problems. I've also had the same experience as GrahamS48, the odd few minutes of live streaming being OK (watchable, but not brilliant), before it starts stuttering again. Getting ready to give it up as a bad job!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we got this update ready. It's now available as of this morning and the issue should be resolved if you update the app on your tablet.

Kind Regards,

Colin

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the update. Have updated the app and it seems to be working! Yay! Thanks also for keeping in touch about this. Now just have to wait for the next season of Motogp! 😀

Regards, Emma
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
Hi Colin.

Thanks for the update about the update. It wobbled for a minute or two at first but then found its feet and all seems good now. So glad it's sorted, and grateful to all for getting a fix, much appreciated!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Emsworthy@Plonki87,

Thanks for letting me know it's all working for you now - and thanks also for letting us know about the issue in the first place. Glad to hear the app is working well for you now. @Plonki87, that sounds ok - the app will always play a video quality which works well on your internet connection, and this can sometimes mean that you'll see a lower quality video for a few seconds at the start until it can jump up. Please do let me know if you're seeing any other problems though!

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Colin

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

what ever fix you pushed, the app is now working on the Minix Neo U1.  no more stutter in live streams.

Thanks 🙂  

tho i do get a message in the playstore this app may not be optimised for your device, i can live with that lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks Colin - I've already given the app up though, having decided to go back to watching BT Sport on the tv through Sky.  Got a good deal from my provider Plusnet (where I got the app from) for 6 months so worked out ok.  When that goes back up to full price I could well pick the app up again, so again thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Colin, sorry to go back to this. I downloaded the beta update which fixed this problem. Yesterday there was an update for the bT sport app which I installed and the problem is now back exactly as it was before. 

0 Ratings