cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport App via HDMI Colour distortion

OK, So i hooked up my laptop to my TV via HDMI lead to watch the footy last night and i was quite impressed with the quality, not perfect but for a 42in TV its a lot better than the dodgy streams i've been used to of late. 

One thing that happened on a few occasions is the picture went into a funny negative colour, almost pastel like and the only way to resolve was change to change HDMI channel and then back again. Its just a little frustrating but not world ending.

Is this somethign BT have done to annoy people who do this or is it something that can be fixed?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport App via HDMI Colour distortion

@chubbs36 wrote:

OK, So i hooked up my laptop to my TV via HDMI lead to watch the footy last night and i was quite impressed with the quality, not perfect but for a 42in TV its a lot better than the dodgy streams i've been used to of late. 

One thing that happened on a few occasions is the picture went into a funny negative colour, almost pastel like and the only way to resolve was change to change HDMI channel and then back again. Its just a little frustrating but not world ending.

Is this somethign BT have done to annoy people who do this or is it something that can be fixed?

The last time I had that problem was driving a projector - must have been 2007. It seemed to be a memory allocation problem; i.e. who has priority over the RAM usage? Sometimes the true colours would correct after 20 mins or so.

The problem was eventually traced to the laptop manunfacturer's display chipset driver software.

It was a messy problem, and by the time the software update came through the laptop was out of warranty. (He wanted payment for rectification as there was no warranty support contract  in place.)

Things should be much simpler now.

I think that the HDMI port is driven by your display adaptor, either the on board hardware or the graphics card.

If you go into Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adaptors>>>You can check whether the drivers are up to date.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

i know it was a long time ago, but to update, its my laptop thats the issue, used the wifes over the weekend for MOTO GP and was fine

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

@chubbs36 wrote:

i know it was a long time ago, but to update, its my laptop thats the issue, used the wifes over the weekend for MOTO GP and was fine

It's good to see that you have achieved results.

Regarding your own laptop:-

Which model is it, RAM details, Graphics Chipset details, and what is the Operating System?

The chances are that if it is an older model with Windows Vista, there will be some updates to apply, if the specification is up to it.

e.g. an old Windows Vista laptop, with 1 GB RAM installed (upgraded to 2GB), and a processor speed of around 1.2 GHz will not be sufficient for BT Sport.

Many manufacturers have their own support utility installed, although sometimes it's better disabled it at startup, as it can use up much of the PC resources. From their support utility you can check for updates  (as and when you require, and not on a daily basis).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

I find the best way to watch BT Sport on TV (without infinity) is to view it on an ipad/iphone via airplay to apple tv, although not much help if you don't have these already! It saves having a big HDMI cable between laptop and TV.

It might be worth taking a look at chromecast for bt sport to save having to have your PC cabled up to your TV:

http://sport.bt.com/watchnow/programmes/bt-sport-announces-chromecast-partnership-S11363890277685

Just a thought!

0 Ratings