cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Sport Europe Picture Size

The new BT Sport Europe channel appears to be cut off around the edges, has anyone else got this issue?

I'm watching on my TV with a YouView box, TV aspect ratio is set to automatic which selects 16:9 for most channels including BT Sport. All other channels seem fine but BT Sport Europe doesn't fit into the screen width.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Sport Europe Picture Size

Yeah I have the same thing. Horrible decision to watch a rolling fixture list instead of the main game on tv. And wasted space along the bottom. Amateurish.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

I have the same problem, viewing BT Europe on Sky channel 414. Basically, it is an amalgamation of live sport and BT Sports news, reducing the live sport screen by around 30 per cent of the TV screen. In addition, the moving parts of the screen containing the sports news and upcoming fixtures is an irritating distraction from watching the live sport. It is totally unacceptable in my opinion and BT need to address this as soon as possible.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 16

agreed, having a distraction on the lhs of the screen spoils watching any live event..please get it sorted bt

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 16

"Yeah I have the same thing. Horrible decision to watch a rolling fixture list instead of the main game on tv. And wasted space along the bottom. Amateurish. ...." I am pleased BT are trying new ideas. OK some may work, some not. Personally I like it for repeated games. But Amateurish? Really? Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

I've no issue with having fixtures and scrolling news, think its a good thing like on SSN and they obviously won't have it on for live sports, just replays etc. The reason for my initial post was that the picture is cut down so for example the fixtures on the left hand column are cropped off slightly with the first letter of each team name cut off the edge of the screen. Anyone else got this issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

I agree with all of you. I hope that with the live matches we don't have all the rubbish on screen as well. The fixtures/results list is so distracting and reduces the screen size. We want to watch the game not the other stuff. Please get rid of it altogether for all matches whether live or recorded.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

@UTV1876 wrote:

I've no issue with having fixtures and scrolling news, think its a good thing like on SSN and they obviously won't have it on for live sports, just replays etc. The reason for my initial post was that the picture is cut down so for example the fixtures on the left hand column are cropped off slightly with the first letter of each team name cut off the edge of the screen. Anyone else got this issue?

I had this problem until I disabled the "overscan" feature in my TV (I found it hidden amongst the video settings).  You may be surprised to know it's your TV zooming the picture slightly, and hence not displaying the whole frame BT are broadcasting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

I was just really disappointed to have to watch a cluttered screen when trying to watch a fooball match. 

Amateurish because it is very distracting with no way to disable. Why not give people the option to have the extra info or watch the actual advertised game? I wonder which 99% would chose?

Sorry for hijacking your thread UTV1876 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Thanks 4candles - you were dead right. Now fixed!

0 Ratings