cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Sport Europe Picture Size

Even the yanks on there ESPN/Fox sport only have a banner at the bottom of the screen with rolling news scores and fixtures. The Sky sports news style info around the repeats is a bit much.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

Having only watched BT sport online, I now have it through a YouView box.

I was disappointed that while watching BT Sport Europe last night that the screen was cluttered with league tables, scores etc and the actual match display was reduced in size on screen .

Looking at the other threads here, will it still be the same when watching Man United v Brugge tonight or does it only clutter the screen with pre-recorded stuff. In other words will the game tonight be full screeen ?

ctoneman

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 16

As far as I aware ... all live sport transmissions and adverts are being broadcast in full screen on BT Sport Europe -

Non live transmissions including those being broadcast for the first time appear to have the extra data imposed reducing the picture size of the broadcast program - and often broadcasting spoiler info about the match being shown on replay.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

zulu17 thank you for replying.

OK, that is good news and I will confirm tonight that the live match is full screen.

I don't like the idea of all that other information especially ones that tell you the score. I tried to avoid all contact throughout Saturday and Sunday with sports news so that I can settle down on my own and watch Match Of The Day without knowing any scores.

There seems a trend nowadays to force information upon the viewer. Why can't we just find out for ourselves by watching the programme. I don't want to know that in 4 weeks time a nuclear explosion will wipe out Emmerdale, I want to be suprised on the day and enjoy it !!

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

The live game tonight will feature a connected red button feature. You use this to view any game of your choice. The game you watch allow you to go back to the red button feature to view game stats: team possession, shots, corners and player details. This service also has a goal alert for all the other life broadcasts. This feature is excellent and leaves Sky way behind in viewing interaction. This service will also be available for Europa matches.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Ok, watched the match on BT Europe HD on full screen and it was very enjoyable.

Thank you for answering my concerns.

However, I didnt see an actual red button Icon on the screen but maybe that was the way I had set it up. learning all the time.

0 Ratings