cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 121 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

@PaulLFC wrote:

I also got the same answer (word for word, and twice!) today.

It does seem however they're shunting full screen coverage onto the red button leaving the ridiculous L bar to take over their main HD channel... it's so easy to see it should be the opposite so people can "opt in" to the news rather than having to opt out... what a strange thought process BT appear to have.

Im gonna hold out hope they move that ticker silliness to the red button and leave the actual channel alone and make it as it is supposed to be.

If BT are that daft to think people will be happy having to watch what they want in SD because the HD versions of the red button are BT TV-only, then they can expect this to continue!

That L-Bar has to be something you want extra, and so go to the red button version if you want it, but the other way around so i hope, hope BT pay some attention! 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 122 of 263

Great to see all the champions league repeats are in full screen at the moment! Hopefully BT have listened to the customers.

The rest of whether the L is gone will be the Bundesliga review at 12.30 I guess, fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 123 of 263

@YNWA_13 wrote:

If BT are that daft to think people will be happy having to watch what they want in SD because the HD versions of the red button are BT TV-only, then they can expect this to continue!

That L-Bar has to be something you want extra, and so go to the red button version if you want it, but the other way around so i hope, hope BT pay some attention! 

Good point about Sky viewers only getting SD red button services.  I also wonder about recordings - I'm assuming that BT will need to provide a full BT Sport Europe EPG on whichever BT Sport Extra channel they choose for their full-screen version in order to allow customers to record the full-screen version.  The news ticker is obviously even less relevant for recordings...

As I think someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, the only place the ticker really makes sense is in pubs.  In the context of a TV in the corner of a pub with the volume muted during non-live events, I can see why both BT, the publicans and even punters would like the L bar giving news and advertising upcoming live events.

But please BT, put the ticker version on the red button, and turn BT Sport Europe into a normal TV channel, not the other way around.  Or create a "BT Sport Europe for pubs" channel.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 124 of 263

If BT moved the text information to the obvious place of the BT Sport Extra channels (red button on Sky) it would allow them more flexibility as well as keeping the BT Sport Europe viewers happy.

Since the Extra channels are not transmitting any programmes 95% of the time BT would be adding useful extra content and could also possibly use more of the screen space for text information. This could also mean they could use bigger text which can be read more easily by even those using smaller TV's.

When a live match choice programme is transmitting on any of the Extra channels BT could just turn the text info off for a few hours on that channel as they currently do on BT Sport Europe. If necessary the viewer can switch to one of the other Extra channels if they really want to continue to view the text info. As others have said pubs could also have one of these Extra (Sky red button) channels on in the background when no live event is on as it's ideal for that situation or for a Saturday afternoon results programme.  

Not sure about on Sky, but on BT TV The Extra channels X1 to X7 are currently transmitting animated BT logos and music most of the day. Ironically these pictures are in full screen with no text info to spoil the viewer's enjoyment of nothing! Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 125 of 263

Too logical.

Stew
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 126 of 263

@StewM wrote:
Too logical.

Stew

Exactly.

From the replies I've received from BT so far it suggests the news will be HD and full screen will be behind the red button (in SD on Sky). I've requested definitive clarification of whether this is their plan but I'm still waiting to hear back from that.

If indeed they do go this route then I just don't understand it. News should be on the red button - available should anyone want to watch it, but not forced on viewers. The main channel should be full screen 24/7 - if BT were to go this way I suspect two things would happen

- Very few people would watch the news compared to the main channels

- More people would be tempted to watch Europe outside of live events

All in all surely a win for their viewing figures, and as such being able to attract more advertising. All they have to lose is the pride of whoever came up with this bizarre channel idea in the first place, and it seems they're quite reluctant to let that go.

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 263

Great so the L has reappeared for the Bundesliga highlights! This is totally ruining the channel why can't BT see this?

I'm guessing this won't be sorted for the weekend so that's going to be another weekend of European Football ruined for me
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 128 of 263

The L is now also on the CL highlights, so it seems only the first run highlights are in full screen.

This channel gets more bizarre by the day.

0 Ratings
Message 129 of 263

I'm seriously considering cancelling over this. Their so called premium channel is total rubbish for 90% of the airtime. During Bundesliga highlights why do I want to read about an Australian cricketer retiring?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 130 of 263

The ticker also shows you the result of the replay you are watching above it - for me that takes away all the enjoyment of watching a replay!!

0 Ratings