cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CelticFan
Beginner
Message 171 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

It's a real pity, I was looking forward to watching a couple of German games today but they are impossible to watch with the news bars!

Putting a red button alternative won't work either as it won't be HD or recordable for Sky customers, even though it costs £24 a month we can't even get the premium channel in full screen HD!

Leave the news bar on showcase but it should be nowhere near the channel with football matches repeated on, viewers want to enjoy sport in full screen.

All this is going to do is drive me to unsubscribe from the channel if it continues
ThomasAdams
Beginner
Message 172 of 263

Still nothing on the EPG to suggest that Friday - Sunday night will be full screen again this weekend.

I hope it wasn't just a one off and all 3 nights will be full screen every weekend moving forward so at least we get something.

charlotte_hendo
Beginner
Message 173 of 263

Agreed, I hope that we at least get the same coverage as this weekend, it's a good start and gives a bit of opportunity to catch more games when some repeats don't have the L!

0 Ratings
marshr
Beginner
Message 174 of 263

Incredibly poor, Sky will be rejoicing!
Why you need to know the latest rugby tweets, or Steve Mclaten information whilst I am trying to watch a recording of Ingolstadt v Borrusia Dortmund is beyond me.
BT clearly lack a sports news only channel, I don't want to know anything else whilst I am watching a game especially other scores.
4candles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 175 of 263

@marshr wrote:
BT clearly lack a sports news only channel, I don't want to know anything else whilst I am watching a game especially other scores.

And most annoyingly, the score of the game you are watching, or one you are planning to watch.  I'm reminded of the Likely Lads...

All we can do is keep complaining.  Has anyone here complained about their proposed "full-screen via red-button" solution being unacceptable, and got any reponse?  Especially if you're a Sky customer (without HD red button services).

At least I watch it via BT TV, so at least will have the option of full-screen in HD, but it should still be full-screen by default, with the non-standard "Gfx L" version being the one hidden away on the red button.

0 Ratings
Timmmm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 176 of 263

Just hoping that we at least get the overnight stuff over the weekend in full screen, the EPG isn't very clear yet.

The same as this week just gone will be a decent amount of games again, and it's a starting point.

Anything less than that will be annoying.

0 Ratings
Disgruntled_Goat
Beginner
Message 177 of 263

Any return of the "L" (which is clearly designed to troll us) for the weekend replays will result in subscription cancellation, as far as I'm concerned. It would be insane to provoke viewers by reversing the first half-decent thing they've done since ruining the channel at birth. Normally I'd say no broadcaster would be so stupid to do that, but then again I'd have said that no broadcaster would introduce banal on-screen graphics as default on a premium channel either... As a Sky subscriber, if they think that putting the full screen behind the red button in standard definition while leaving the L nonsense in high definition as default is a solution, then they are being deliberately provocative. That would be the final slap in the face and a sign that those of us on Sky should just **bleep** off. The "L" - which surely stands for ludicrous - must be binned on all football matches, replay or not. The Bundesliga today has been destroyed. It'll be Serie A tomorrow. What an utter waste of excellent sports rights.
0 Ratings
TonyWade
Beginner
Message 178 of 263

I'm disappointed BT are sticking with the L bar, and I'm pretty close to cancelling my sub.

I'm being charged more this season but watching way less football because most of the repeats are ruined.

Listen to customer feedback BT....sport should be in full screen!
0 Ratings
charlotte_hendo
Beginner
Message 179 of 263

The sky EPG has been updated and it's the same as the weekend just gone really so at least the over night repeats without the L look like a regular thing, they are also the same for the first champions league repeats as well as any magazine show that is screened between 12AM and 6AM by the look of it.

A bit of good news at least 🙂
0 Ratings
RobSmithS
Contributor
Message 180 of 263

The "L bar" is such a lousy thing to have done to this channel. The "No GFX L" is something but doesn't really do enough for me and neither will a red button opt-in to full frame (for a start you can't do much with your Sky box when on an interactive channel aside view it and exit pretty much almost everything else (eg browsing EPG, channel surfing) becomes ruled out).

What a disappointment especially with all the extra European football content added (highlights of every Bundesliga and Serie A game Mondays and Tuesdays). It could have been, perhaps should have been, a "go to" channel and in fact almost no need to record anything with something of interest on so much of the time. Instead somebody who probably doesn't give one iota about watching any of this that it affects has come up with a way to kill virtually all of the content and spoil all scores. Ironically or mistakenly thinking people want a load of squit splurged over the screen to ensue they tune in to what they must think of only as a load of dead air delayed coverage of games that are a tiresome chore to have to show or repeat.

Who would ever have thought a month ago that something called the "No GFX L" would appear as a piece of terminology and would have been entered into the televised sports viewing lexicon?! The "L bar" idea is a very, very poor choice of presentation in my view. I can only hope enough people continue to complain and make it clear that it needn't encroach on the viewing of European football at all and the decision makers take note and act accordingly by removing it for good.