cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport Europe (without the text framing the screen!)

Have had BT internet & Sports TV for some time now, but only just found the alternative channels for BT Sport Europe (#409), that allow you to watch the programme free of the additional text down the left side, and bottom of the screen. For those who were in the dark like me! go to channels 455 for standard broadcast, and 474 for HD.

8 REPLIES 8
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport Europe (without the text framing the screen!)

It tells me those channels are unavailable.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 9

@pjm0512 wrote:

It tells me those channels are unavailable.

Do you normally have BT Sports in your package? If not then they won't be available anyway.

I'm not sure if you need one of the Entertainment packages also for those channels to become available.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

No I've BT TV on YouView with sports and entertainment.

Whilst watching on the Sky Satellite Platform, a message appeared saying 'Sky customers press red for full screen, and BT TV customers switch to 455 SD and 470 HD'. Does 470 work?
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I don't have any BT TV entertainment packages just Sport, plus my internet (Broadband) & phone with BT. I suggest if anyone is not receiving the alternative BT Sport (Europe) channels Nos 455 & 474 (for HD), then call BT TV on one of their free contact numbers. As an aside, I also invested in BT shares when they announced that they were entering the live televised sport market, because they were willing to give Sky Sports a run for their money Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Sorry, ................. forgot to recommend that if anyone is still having probs with receiving any BT.com TV channels, then a retune of the Youview box might do the trick Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

It's 470 that works for me (BT Sport HD Extra 6)
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

pjm0512 - as a hard up pensioner I can't afford HD Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

The problem I have with this solution for subscribers via a Sky box is the 'red Button fix takes you to the BT SD channel. I pay for the HD package & don't see why I should be forced to watch in SD, just so that I can get rid of these intrusive banners...............COME ON BT, get you act in order!

0 Ratings