Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Sport HD Recordings not watchable - Error IPC6041

Go to solution

I've got the same error code and looking at the link for Maintenance Reset it takes you through a full Factory Reset which loses all the recording and settings, is there a way to avoid this?

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @wysesr2. Right now, I don't believe there is. We are aware of this issue and working to find the root cause.

0 Ratings
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for the update, as it is only 1 recording I cant watch I'll hold off doing a full factory reset at the moment then.....

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

@wysesr2 - For the recording that is currently giving the IPC6041 error at playback, are you able to make a new recording for a different program on the same channel and successfully playback?

0 Ratings
adamashby
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution
If you follow the instructions for Factory Reset using the buttons on the box, there is an option for Factory reset do not delete files. Use that option...
0 Ratings
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks will look at that option as well....

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Hi@wysesr2. Did you try the reset option with keep recordings, did it resolve the issue for you?

0 Ratings
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

I did a bit more investigating over the last few days and was able to record successfully on some HD and SD channels however I couldnt record anything on all the channels I subscribe to (AMC, BT Sport 1, 2 and 3 in both SD and HD). The only exception was BT Sport 1 which did record successfully.

I haven't done a full box reset yet as I have been trying other things, sounds as though there is a problem with the way my subscription is set up but happy to hear what others think.

0 Ratings
wysesr2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Decided to do a Factory Reset, not given the option to keep recording but decided there was nothing I couldnt lose.

Factory reset done, now have NO subscribed channels so cant see any of the BT Sport or AMC channels (in either SD or HD) so cant even watch them now!!

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @wysesr2. When you say you have no IP channels, do you mean they are not even appearing in the programme guide?

0 Ratings