cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robgoingcrazy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport - Just CANNOT GET RID OF IT

I recently received communications from BT that everything is going up, including my BT 1571 and other call features, as well as BT Sport Lite going up to £3.50 a month.

As I don't even have a landline handset to use BT 1571 etc I rang BT to cancel these services, renew for a new contract, and in no uncertain terms said I DO NOT WANT BT Sport of any kind at all, whether Lite or not.

I get my new bill in due course, with my brand new contract plan - and sure enought the calling features have been removed.

But it still lists BT Sport LITE on my bill, at 0.00 - but presumably I will start being billed £3.50 a month from January because it hasn't been removed from my account, in fact it has been added to my new contract when I do not want it.

I could not have made it clear enough that I don't want BT Sport Lite, but there it is still on my bill.

Can someone please advise me who I need to speak to to finally get BT Sport removed from my account forever, and which body do I complain to, is it OFCOM, or some other body seeing as it's a mish mash of phone and TV?

All I want is my broadband/landline which is actually very good and reliable, shame I have been pressganged into BT Sport Lite and simply cannot get rid of it no matter what I do!

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
robgoingcrazy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport - Just CANNOT GET RID OF IT

Further info - it's not listed in my packages in MyBt - the BT Sport is greyed out.

But it's on my bill as an advance charge of £0.00 for the next month (fromt the new contract start date or thereabouts).

Is it possibly just a hangover from the old contract or am I liable to start getting charged for it?

The other extras I cancelled were listed separately and part refunded...

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 4

Hi @robgoingcrazy

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry that it's still showing BT Sport on your bill when you've requested to cancel this.  Do you want to have a word with our  >> Billing Live Chat Team << today to see if they can get you sorted?

Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
robgoingcrazy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

I'll try that when I get a minute, unfortunately I'm usually too busy until late evening to find the time to be able to do it but I will give it a go when possible and report back!

0 Ratings