cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diyd
Beginner
Message 21 of 33

Re: BT Sport Online unwatchable

A highly technical forum I stumbled on has identified what the problem is in the case of the online HD player causing  motion jerkiness.  The picture is originally recorded/transmitted at 30 frames per second  but BT Sport player transmits at 20 frames per second (to save bandwidth?).   This means that frames have to be dropped at a regular rate, causing motion jerkiness in an otherwise excellent picture.

BT's technical response is a stock "Its not us its your equipment/internet connection" or a  "bit rate problem" but this is clearly nonsense as the effects are unrelated.

Can any of the helpful moderators here get a more honest, non political response from BT's technical boffins? Because at the moment, watching any sport with any degree of rapid movement on my  core I5/capable graphics card driven expensive monitor is a pain in the vernacular.

0 Ratings
Gcc420
Message 22 of 33

I just want to add myself to the list of people who are receiving a terrible streaming service on Bt sport. Me and my girlfriend are Liverpool fans and I've dreded watching the games when I know it's on Bt sport. Watching skygo through the xbox 360 or laptop is perfect for 95% of the time with the picture occasionally going blurry but never stops completely and most of the time it's hd and perfect. By sport on the other hand I would say is more like 30% hd 50% blurry and 20% missed completely. I genuinely wish I was exaggerating but I'm not. I've actually started using pirate sites instead now because the service is soooo much better. I'm so peed off with this as the Bt sport channel was the sole reason we went with BT for our phone and broadband wish id of gone with our first choice of Plusnet now instead. BT SORT IT OUT, AND REFUND US SOME OF OUR MONEY FOR BEING SO CR*P!!!
0 Ratings
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 33

The more i read on this forum, the more im regretting going with BT, shuold have just payed a bit extra and gone with SKY.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Having such a nightmare with this BT Player / App - echoes what you have all been saying - Should have never left sky and the way in which BT are ignoring this is completely unnaceptble.

Just spent 50 minutes on the phone to a Sandeep. My problem is i cannot even load the online player or app. I repeatedly get the message ' your device is not activated, please do so below' ID003. I have followed the activation link several times and completed that but the same message keeps coming up. The representative kept asking me if i was sure my ID is correct, whether my PC was fast enough to run the player - all comments which are both patronising and far from solving the issue. He had me on hold for long periods, refused to pass me on to a superior who actually undestood some of what was going on and even told me that if he had remote access to my pc he could fix this in '2 minutes'. I let him remote in which resulted in 20 minutes of him trying the methods i had already exhausted several times. By this point i was getting so annoyed i had to put the phone down before doing something i regretted.

However this is not what shocked me the most. About 10 minutes into the call he did state there was an alternative site i could use to watch BT sport if the normal page is not working. It was a strange name and i had to get him to spell it but when i was typing it in i thought this doenst sound like a bt affiliated site - it was called 'wiziwig' and said i could watch bt sport on here. I was amazed that a BT representative was actually directing me to an illegal streaming site that would take my custom away from you. Also this made me even more angry that he was offering me a free alternative to watch bt sport due to the fact the legitimate service i was paying for doesnt work!

Please offer me some constructive help to solve this as i have had this issue for weeks and yet to find a solution that is even close to working. I have spent over three hours on the phone in this time and missed countless games due to the player being so faulty. Its a shame BT seem to not give a flying _ _ _ _ .

0 Ratings
PhilDG
Beginner
Message 25 of 33

The quality of the picture of BT Sport is shocking - I am trying to watch the Arsenal v Man U game over BT Infinity 80 and a wired ethernet connection and it's blocky and jerky despite displaying the BT Sport HD logo - HD? What a joke. What kit do you need to stream live football? BBC iPlayer streams in HD perfectly.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

same here usually works brilliantly in hd quality today its blotchy and keeps cutting off despite having infinity 2 76mb. I expected this of sky on sky go when a big game is on but not bt..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 27 of 33

Must be too much demand to watch the match. It took two attempts to load the stream on an iPad, then after a few freezes it eventually played smoothly.
0 Ratings
Cumbrian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

When i first started watching BT Sport i used to get a crystal clear picture.proper HD,Now its not very good always seems to look a bit hazy,no where near has good has it used to be.So come on BT give us a decent HD picture to watch,after all its what we are paying for.Cumbrian

0 Ratings
Sofahead
Message 29 of 33

I must echo the complaints about the BT Sport online player during the Arsenal v Man Utd game last night. Despite being wire-connected to my hub & having BT Infinity with a speed of 70 Mbps, the picture was jerky & kept skipping, the audio suffered interference whenever I switched to full screen, and the picture quality kept re-setting itself to blur-o-vision at regular intervals. This sort of thing is what tempts people to watch illegal streams.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 30 of 33

@Cumbrian wrote:

When i first started watching BT Sport i used to get a crystal clear picture.proper HD,Now its not very good always seems to look a bit hazy,no where near has good has it used to be.So come on BT give us a decent HD picture to watch,after all its what we are paying for.Cumbrian

At least it was a distraction from the howling wind, airborne fences, etc.

No power cuts however, or structural damage.

The picture did seem to appear fairly sharp, once it had stabilised......but an iPad (retina) only has a small screen. I have noticed, when watching on a !5 inch laptop, that sometimes the picture takes several seconds to sharpen, and an improvement is made by stopping the stream and reloading - or simply by going to smaller display and back to full screen.

0 Ratings