Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport TV Catchup - Champions League

Can anyone shed any light as to what catchup will be provided for the UEFA Champions League matches - I believe next weeks matches represent the start of the "all" matches live coverage. 

Will their be full match replays or highlight programs availble for each match available on demand ?

When can we expect the on demand to be available - in the past it has taken ages for catchup to be available on demand ?

How long will the highlights be - will it  be 1hr12mins as seems the norm for the Premier League and also the UEFA Super Cup highlights  or will it be less ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Mikey47
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport TV Catchup - Champions League

I don't think that BT on demand is available on Sky. Am I correct? If so we won't get all the games to view.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Difficult to find accurate consistent information -

According to the official BT Sport website

... immediately after the final whistle, BT Sport Pack subscribers will be able to re-watch Man Utd v Club Brugge – or any of Tuesday’s four other Champions League play-off ties – in full with the feature-packed enhanced video player.

Another alternative for anyone unable to live stream the game is to watch hour-long highlights on BT Sport Europe, BTSport.com or the BT Sport app on Wednesday, August 19th at 12am, 10am or 6pm.

So it looks like use the App you can get an instant replay of any of the games .... but this is not being provided on the web player or the BT TV channel(s).

The timings of the hour long highlights on Bt Sport Europe is inconsistent with the current schedules in my Youview EPG guide .... which is accurate?

It would be beneficial if BT clearly spelt out in a consistent accurate fashion what is to be provided.

I have still seen no answer as to what catchup will be available when on the BT player.

0 Ratings
Mikey47
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

But it won't be available to Sky viewers then exect on the dreadful L screen for BTS Europe.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

The Youview EPG now appears to be updating to reflect the announced highlightsd screening -- so if you had already set your recordings based on the originals schedules I suggest you recheck your scheduled recordings list as otherwise you risk having failed recordings.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

As of 10pm wednesday only 3 of yesterdays (Tuesday) Champions League fixtures have been made available on the catchup on the BT player on Youview. Any reason for the missing matches ?

0 Ratings
HuwRoberts
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

There is another important issue here for BT Sport subscribers who use the Sky Box as their platform. None of the "red button" matches can be recorded for watching later in the evening when you get home. This was an important feature of the Sky coverage of the Champions League in recent years but now we are being denied that service.

What can we do to persuade BT Sport to provide Sky Box customers with the same service as BT Box customers?

0 Ratings
Mikey47
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I found the quality of the matches on the Red Button on Sky was very poor last night and almost unwatchable. That needs to be sorted before recordability becomes an issue for me.

0 Ratings