Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob_Brum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport Ultra HD - Hisense TV

The disclaimer states

"Our Ultra HD service requires the TV to support HDCP2.2 content protection and a picture resolution of 2160p50 (sometimes known as 50Hz) over the same HDMI port. "

So does that mean that any TV that meets the specification should work?

Im currently looking at a 55" Hisense TV (not a well know brand in the UK at the moment, but getting lots of good reviews and the TV's are a good price!).

Are BT looking at updating the list with other manufacturers etc?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport Ultra HD - Hisense TV

Yes any tv that meets the specs should work but BT will only confirm if it has been tested (sometimes firmwares can cause issues even if the specs are ok). 

0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Rob - Before you buy  the TV ask the shop or Hisense if they support HDCP2.2 & 2160p50 on the same HDMI port.

I have seen TVs that support both,but on different HDMI ports,which is not very useful 

0 Ratings
hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Although hisense lists 2160p50 and HDCP2.2 as supported, it will not work with a BT Udh box.

My set failed to handshake correctly with HDCP.

I have received a firmware update from Hisense (which is currently being rolled out over thier range) and this has corrected the handshake issue.

The hisense TV range supports 2160p50 on two of the hdmi sockets (3/4) whiile 1/2 only support upto 30hz.

0 Ratings
rob_Brum
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Apologies hyper01 are you saying it does or doesn't work?

Your first comment suggests it doesn't, then you said the firmware fixed it.
0 Ratings
hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Yes, my set now works after the firmware update.

However I had to contact Hisense support who posted the update to me, as it was not available over the air at the time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

BT UHD is not 50/60p and the supported 4K TV including my Sony only do 2160 at 24/25/30p

Even if the signal is interlaced at 50 Hz once deinterlaced by the decoder in the box it becomes 25p

The bandwidth to transmit 50p is too high for the current requirement and besides the box is not able to decode it

The TV only needs to have an HDMI 2.0 as 1.4 was supporting only 24p but that does not mean at all that the stream are 50p only that the display may support it

0 Ratings