Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Sport and ESPN Channels Still Prompting me to Subscribe

Go to solution
Give them time they will arrive

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
bilco99
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

I now seem to be a bit further forward after a ring-back from a North East of England based BT technical support guy. Although the problem I had was different from the one he expected me to have due to unclear notes that had been passed to him, he diagnosed the issue within 30 seconds of me explaining what was wrong.

Apparently my BT Sport channels had been added to my old BT Vision box and not to my You View box when the original order was ordered in June. The other extra channels (ordered in the same phone call) had been added to my YouView box. However he could not change this but told me what to say to the person when ringing up the orders department.

I got through to the Scottish-based orders call centre in around 10 minutes -- again they were very helpful and saw immediately what the problem is. However their systems would not let them just add BT Sport to my YouView as they said I already had it (albeit on a BT Vision box). The solution they are trying is to cancel my BT Sport order and for me to add it myself online again once the cancellation goes through in 24 hours. Additionally they are adding a note to my account to say I am still entitled to the early bird discount in case I get charged for the HD channels.

I'll mark this as solved if this works tommorrow.

Cpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution
Bilco,
I've had a similar issue but with a new you view set. I installed all in Friday, and have infinity 2 unltd already set up. All in fine except for no sports channels - all asking for subscription. On Friday late afternoon I spoke to support who said it hadn't been activated properly. He tried again, but was unable to do so and passed me to another tech dept that was supposed to resolve it. I've been cut off 3 times since and wasted a couple of hours to get nowhere... Losing patience now. Hope you get things resolved.
0 Ratings
hiraldos
Beginner
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Cpod,

I have exactly the same problem, all installed fresh on the 31st July ready for 1st Aug start and still no BT Sport even though it's the 5th. It still tells me I need to setup/subscribe. Every time I try to call BT to report this I get told they can't talk to me because they are too busy. I've tried various updates and restarts and registering for the app/online version of BT Sport (which does work fine) but no access on TV through YouView.

I have an email from BT which says they will start a few days after my TV service is set up but how long will this take??

Does anyone have a number for the technical support where you can actually get to talk to someone?

0 Ratings
davep123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Hello hiraldos

I seem to be in exactly the same situation as you. I am leaving it a few days to call BT in case it fixes itself, and while the number of calls dies down. But if you manage to fix your problem please let me know the solution!

Best

Dave

0 Ratings
bilco99
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

This has now been fixed. However this being BT there was another twist Smiley Happy

The original BT Sport order (on my old BT Vision box) was csncelled overnight. I then rang up this morning to get BT Sport added to YouView. But the BT Orders person said that they still couldn't add BT Sport to my YouView box.

They then put me through to their "exceptions department" which entailed another long wait. When I got through they said my BT Vision box was still somehow connected to my account. They would have to disconnect it and then add my BT Sport order. They said this would take 2 hours or less and they would handle everything.

When I got home from work tonight I found BT Sport and ESPN were working but their HD versions were not. I then tried to ring to get them added but just got a recorded message saying that due to a large demand they were unable to take my  call. To avoid waiting I then added HD via the web site which became active after a few minutes.

All I now have to do is to wait a week or so until the BT call centres are quieter and phone BT to ensure I don't get charged the £3 a month for HD.

Hopefully most people are having an easier time than me with their BT Sport. Now I've got it picture looks good and I've not seen any stuttering so far.

0 Ratings
hiraldos
Beginner
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Dave,

I'll post on here how I get on!

I've tried registering for BT Sport online and managed to get it on the IPad but I want to watch the rugby on Friday night - it better be sorted by then as I don't fancy watching it on a small screen. I've tried registering again for BT Sport in TV but get told I need to call a number to subscribe, the number then tells me they are too busy to take my call and to do it online (annoying)

HAVE YOU CLAIMED YOUR SAINSBURYS VOUCHER? If not, go here and click the orange box in the right hand corner. It's easy to forget to claim it with all the other stuff to sort out! http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

If anyone ordered the whole lot fresh and has got the sport working please advise how long it took between install and it working. I'm on nearly a week now.

Mark

0 Ratings
davep123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Mark

I found the same button as you to subscribe to BT Sport on TV a few days ago and pressed it then (even though I had already ordered BT Sport at the same time as Infinity and the Youview box itself). At that time it seemed to accept the order and I received an email saying it would take up to 5 days to confirm, well today is the 5th day! Pressing the same button today it now just gives me the busy phone number to ring. 

It looks like I will probably give in and spend a day on the phone sometime soon.

Best

Dave

0 Ratings
hiraldos
Beginner
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

SORTED (hopefully):

I called BT this morning on 0800 731 0286 (option 2, took about 25 minutes to get an answer), and explained that I should be getting the sport on BT through the BT Vision box but that it was still asking me to subscribe. The lady was very helpful and placed the order online saying it should be on by the end of the day but probably within an hour!

She did also mention that the box should be hard wired to the hub with the 10m cable. I have a feeling it will work fine without but will follow the doctors orders until I get it working and will then try the powerline cables again.

Will let you know if I have it when I get home tonight.

Mark

0 Ratings
keithn
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

I posted about this on the BT Sports forum but I had a virtually identical experience to hiraldos this morning. I too took about 25 minutes and the helpful (Scottish?) lady I spoke to explained that the web site was taking activations for the online and app but not the TV 'for some reason'. She is also sending me some 10m cable (they must have a mountain of the stuff) and the TV should be activated witihn 24 hours.

So it is fingers hopefully crossed.

The main lesson from the last few days are that (i) BT were woefully ill-prepared - which is a lesson for any future players in the market (the Premiership deal lasts for three years so in 2016 we might be doing all this again with someone else) and (ii) the BT tech department had not got a clue - they came up with all sorts of suggestions but not the above.

0 Ratings