cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 136

Re: BT Sport and Sky Multiroom - farcical

It's the suggestion that BT should give Sky subscibers not one, but 3 services for the same price that is farcical. You should direct your ire at Sky. If it had played ball with BT during negotiations, then maybe BT would have agreed to Sky bundling the new sports channels within its own offerings.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 136

I certainly don't see why BT should give away free boxes to support Multiroom. However given that as I see it BT are not looking to get extra money from their existing customers, but to encourage non BT Broadband to sign up to their BB offering, I can't see why there should be an issue of allowing their BB customers who have BTV and SKY to have BT Sport on each.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 136

really don't see why they should if I am honest.

That'll be because you are paid by BT

They have completely cocked up and don't know what to do about it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 136

I doubt BT particulary care about the sky multi room issue and won't be fussed about solving it. If it generates complaints to Sky they'll be quite happy. The amount of BT customers who will genuinely be impacted will be low enough not to worry.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 136

BT will care. Say if just 5% of the 1.5 million Sky Multiroom accounts with some sort of sports subscription are put off signing up to BT. To BT that lost 5% is costing them £14 million a year in subscriptions. Judging by the reaction on the net, 5% is a very conservative figure as well.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 136

There is a Sky rep on digital spy who claims that BT are working with Sky to provide a solution marked in for Christmas. Not good enough but it proves the point that they care.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 136

(Should we tell the Sky customers we've had ESPN for free for a couple of years as well)

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 136

dhphoto wrote:

really don't see why they should if I am honest.

That'll be because you are paid by BT

They have completely cocked up and don't know what to do about it

Don't be so rediculous, on both points.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 136

People who want BT Sport are still ultimately going to pay for it on their main TV, even if they don't get it in their bedroom.

Sky will be pushing BT to get a solution for this, its Sky who's going to take all the complaints from their customers about it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 30 of 136

I would advise everyone who feels that BT should offer the same multiroom deal as we had with ESPN to do as I intend to & vote with their feet. You can always stream it!
0 Ratings