cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 136

Re: BT Sport and Sky Multiroom - farcical

Not having the multi room option is annoying. I always record UFC on my upstairs Sky Box as I am the only person in the house interested. As it usually starts at 3am, it's not really something, which you can just stream. When I heard about the free BT sport with BT Broadband, I thought it seemed like a really good idea. I will still sign up to the offer, as I am looking to change my broadband anyway, but not being able to get multi room is really disappointing.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 136

I must agree with the OP, I am on BT Infinity and get the sports for free, just rung BT up and asked to pay to have "BT Sport multiroom" and told its not possible, just move the card to the box you want to view on. How pathetic is that?

Don't know about BT Sport as its not live yet, but Sky premium channels come up with "Wrong card inserted" when I try this.

Come on BT, sort your act out.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 33 of 136

You would have thought the easy answer to this would be to have BT Sport with a suitable card on BTV say downstairs and the SKY card activated on the SKY Box in another room. Two completely different Platforms, where is the problem?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 34 of 136

@Ians wrote:

You would have thought the easy answer to this would be to have BT Sport with a suitable card on BTV say downstairs and the SKY card activated on the SKY Box in another room. Two completely different Platforms, where is the problem?

The problem is that the majority of the country (not the population) do not and never will have access to fibre broadband.

I presently have Multiroom so that my 92 year old Father can watch Rugby and Cricket at the peak volume level he needs and can sit 2ft away from his 32" TV so he has a chance of seeing the action.

After several exhaustive (and exhausting) conversations with BT it appears that they will not offer a solution to this - even if we would be willing to pay for it.

To be told that he could watch it on his smartphone or laptop is frankly insulting.

I was initially pleased at the prospect of BT releasing Rugby from the clutches of the Murdoch empire, and as a shareholder was impressed by the new strategy of concentrating on broadband and vision. However I am now dismayed at botched implementation - they have had long enough to plan the product, and have even had the benefit of being able to cherry-pick the best features of the Sky product and marketing (whatever we think of them generally, it has to be admitted Sky is technically very good). 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 136

BT are telling me that this multiroom farce is down to Sky not allowing it.  Who is telling the truth? I was considering taking whole BT Vision package as am fed up with paying Sky for umpteen channels of rubbish (clever marketing the way they group the channels).  However, my broadband speed will not allow consistent viewing and provision via aerial is non starter due to inconsistent signal.  As I am mainly only interested in sport and most UK sport is available free via satellite in other countries, maybe moving to another country is the best option!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 136

Do we know if BT Sport on Sky will be viewable via the Sky app? I often watch Sky via the app on the Xbox 360 console, so just wondering if BT Sport will be viewable on that (or if BT plan to roll out their own console app?).

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 37 of 136

"On our app or online player

Stream the action to your PC or Mac, or use the BT Sport app to watch it on your tablet or smartphone"

In fact that is how they had the nerve to suggest my Father should watch BT Sport!

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 136

I just spoke to BT support and then sales.  Apparently it is a "technical issue"!  

I however suspect it is either Sky preventing access or charging excessively for access so that they can claim a differentiator.

That is unless the very clever people at Adastral Park prove me wrong.  Either that or BT should be heading to the Competition Commission.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 136

@catterbutts wrote:

"On our app or online player

Stream the action to your PC or Mac, or use the BT Sport app to watch it on your tablet or smartphone"

In fact that is how they had the nerve to suggest my Father should watch BT Sport!

They don't have multiroom, but they will be offering these methods as an alternative. BT were telling you that these were a way he could watch BT Sport. Should they have withheld this information from you?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 40 of 136

@drhowells wrote:

They don't have multiroom, but they will be offering these methods as an alternative. BT were telling you that these were a way he could watch BT Sport. Should they have withheld this information from you?

Having already explained to the sales person that he was 92 years old and needs to sit 2ft from a 32" TV to watch anything - yes, the suggestion was at best fatuous - further compounded by the suggestion of installing a 2nd line and broadband subscription.

I do (very rarely) watch sport on my laptop SkyGo when away from home - but, though admittedly a good product for what it is intended, it is not a substitute for watching on a full-size HD TV.

BT implied (as have other posts here) that the problem is that Sky will not give BT access to their 'multi-room verification' system.  However, as this check is simply based on Sky systems periodically interrogating all the Sky boxes connected to the same telephone line (to verify that multiroom boxes are physically at the same address) I wouldn't have thought it beyond BT's technical ability to create their own system to check? 

I am also concerned that it did not appear possible to even pay for an additional subscription?  If the salesperson was in fact correct that this is the case - does that mean that Sky customers who do not have BT broadband (or have no broadband at all) will not be able to subscribe to BT Sport?  Or are we simply being penalised because we are BT customers, because (as the salesperson implied) the BT billing system cannot accommodate having two viewing card numbers - one free and one paid for?

0 Ratings