cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport and strange message regarding viewing Card

I have BT Broadband and a BT Vision+ box (I have had both of these for many years). I registered for BT Sport in May and this shows as being set up in My BT. The BT Sport channels appear in my channel listing on the Vision+ box but when I select I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Please ensure that the Viewing Card is in the Viewing Card Slot" - It is.  Then a second message appears saying "The gold chip faces up with the arrow pointing into the card slot" - It is.  If I remove the card and then re-insert it I get a red message at the top of the screen saying"Viewing Card recognised" - but I still get the above messages followed by a third message "To activate card go to channel 941" - I have done this and input the numbers on the back of the card.  I now get a message that says that this is for "sports card activation" - I haven't received a new card so I input the numbers from the back of my card. Guess what?  I now get a message "Unfortunately your order can't be processed at the moment...put the card back in the slot....try again in another hour...." I have done this on many occassions over the last 4 days. Still no joy.

I have even tried to order a £10 card online (not as I feel that I ought to ) but I am not able to complete the order either.  I am stuck, can anyone help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DAVEJANINCORNWALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport and strange message regarding viewing Card

When i first got into BT Sport I had  to leave  the channel on for 2 hours while thevi viewing card was activated

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply, have you got a new card or have you been able to watch BT Sport using the  existing card (if you had one)?

0 Ratings
DAVEJANINCORNWALL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I'm using the old card which I already had

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for that, I will try leaving it on the BT Sport channel for a few hours, and see if I get the same result.

0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 6 of 7

@resfinningleymike wrote:

I have BT Broadband and a BT Vision+ box (I have had both of these for many years). I registered for BT Sport in May and this shows as being set up in My BT. The BT Sport channels appear in my channel listing on the Vision+ box but when I select I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Please ensure that the Viewing Card is in the Viewing Card Slot" - It is.  Then a second message appears saying "The gold chip faces up with the arrow pointing into the card slot" - It is.  If I remove the card and then re-insert it I get a red message at the top of the screen saying"Viewing Card recognised" - but I still get the above messages followed by a third message "To activate card go to channel 941" - I have done this and input the numbers on the back of the card.  I now get a message that says that this is for "sports card activation" - I haven't received a new card so I input the numbers from the back of my card. Guess what?  I now get a message "Unfortunately your order can't be processed at the moment...put the card back in the slot....try again in another hour...." I have done this on many occassions over the last 4 days. Still no joy.

I have even tried to order a £10 card online (not as I feel that I ought to ) but I am not able to complete the order either.  I am stuck, can anyone help?

What colour is your box?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

It's the black one.

0 Ratings