cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidfgriffiths
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport application

I have gone through all the processes to activate my BT Sport application via My BT (using the correct account number etc which shows my BT Broadband Option 2 billing etc). However  I receive the following message every time which is clearly wrong as I do have BT Broadband on this account!!!! Help please!

"We're sorry...

You don't have BT Broadband on this account. If you're a BT Broadband customer please check the account or login details you provided.

If you don't have BT Broadband yet, take a look at our broadband and calls packages. All our broadband customers get free access to BT Sport online at btsport.com or via our Apple or Android apps.

Learn more about BT Sport"

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport application

Are you signing into BT Sport using your BT ID?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
davidfgriffiths
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

By BT ID presumably you mean my log in details to access My BT and my account number with BT. If so the answer is YES!

0 Ratings
astra12
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

This is exactly the problem I've been having. I'm on Infinity 2 and ordered BTSport via a Sky viewing card in June. The Sky channels work perfectly but when I attempt to log-in to BT Sport online or via the android app with my BT ID it says I don't have BT Sport on the account.

I've waiting on the phone to BT every day since the launch and been passed from department to department with false promises of being called back. They've run diagnostics on my account, told me it's a sales issue and then sales have told me it's a technical issue then a sales issue and so on and so on in a Kafka-esque loop!!

Frankly BT have been beyond useless and although the person I spoke to today was equally useless he did at least have the honesty to just say he didn't have a clue what the problem was after speaking to his manager. He said to wait for BT to update the registration process as many people were having similar problems:- Either not being able to access the television content or the online and app content despite having a valid BTSport subscription and a valid BT ID.

It'd would be great if anyone from BT could verify if this major issue is actually being investigated and pass that information on to the forum and above all the tech support teams.

0 Ratings
LornaG
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I can't even activate mine. I go through the motions as if I were undertaking a new order eg pre basket, however I get the message 'work is being completed at your local telephone exchange'. This basically aborts my order. I had the same issue months ago when I signed up to TV/phone/broadband. I was forced to order via telephone in the end. Nobody at BT's end had the foggiest what I was talking about and couldn't understand what the issue was. Why would trying to download the app be classed as an order anyway? Frustrating to say the least.
0 Ratings