cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport - cookies

Has anything changed regarding cookie settings on the BT sports page?

Normally I have the cookie setting on the left position ie the minimum cookies set when I want to watch live sport, but can't get it to work doing that now. Through an act of desperation after trying some of the other things I remember trying last year when this sports site was started  I tried the middle position where some cookies are allowed and that hopefully seemed to fix it

Anyone know if there's been a change in the cookie policy recently in the last couple of weeks? Or should I expect more problems with the live sports

I'm talking about watching on a pc by the way.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport - cookies

@Vetch wrote:

Normally I have the cookie setting on the left position ie the minimum cookies

Which browser is that for as it does not seem to match what I know of cookie setting in IE?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I use IE and if you look at the bottom of this page the cookie settings there are the same as the one on the BT sport homepage.

I used to drag the bar over to the left which only allowed Strictly Necessary and Performance cookies. When I tried it earlier I managed to get live sport only by sliding the bar to  the centre position giving me Functional cookies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Ah! I am on Vista still using IE9. This bar of which you speak must be in a later version?

Anyhow, I have IE set to allow first party cookies, block third party cookies and allow session cookies and it all works just fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I'm using Windows 8, I didn't realise the cookie settings were displayed differently.

Anyway, I've just had a quick look at one of the live sport channels and although there seems to be a slight hicuup - to use a technical term - when selecting a channel it does eventually display what's on. It's definitely not as smooth an experience now to watch live sport.

0 Ratings