Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport from Sky

BT Sport billing

For a couple of months we have certainly been informed that the only way to order BT Sport was direct from BT (either as an add-on with bb and phone from BT or the pay channel method via the Sky platform). The billing would be through BT. A couple of doubts have arisen over the weekend.

In live chats with both BT and Sky advisors I have been informed that BT Sport can be added to my Sky tv bill (not BT bill). Has anybody else found this? Also, there is an albeit unsubstantied claim that the Sky retentions team are offering BT Sport to customers (who say they are moving to BT bb and phone to get BT Sport free) via a third party supplier so as to appear on their Sky bill.

So can you be billed for BT Sport through Sky now or soon? Anybody else have information on this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport from Sky

@RobSmithS wrote:

BT Sport billing

For a couple of months we have certainly been informed that the only way to order BT Sport was direct from BT (either as an add-on with bb and phone from BT or the pay channel method via the Sky platform). The billing would be through BT. A couple of doubts have arisen over the weekend.

In live chats with both BT and Sky advisors I have been informed that BT Sport can be added to my Sky tv bill (not BT bill). Has anybody else found this? Also, there is an albeit unsubstantied claim that the Sky retentions team are offering BT Sport to customers (who say they are moving to BT bb and phone to get BT Sport free) via a third party supplier so as to appear on their Sky bill.

So can you be billed for BT Sport through Sky now or soon? Anybody else have information on this?

Thanks

There is no doubt about this. You can ONLY order via BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@MartinH wrote:

@RobSmithS wrote:

BT Sport billing

Thanks

But there is a doubt about which bill I can add the amount to when both BT and Sky live chat advisors are stating explicitly it can be added to the Sky bill.

"Yes, its added via BT to Sky, and you are charged on your Sky bill, not a BT one" (BT live chat, Fri 1625hrs)

"From August 1st Sky is going to provide you BT Sports from Sky" (Sky live chat, Fri 1630hrs)

Do I get billed through Sky or through BT, can you tell me?
"Through sky If you take BT Sports from sky."

I would be happy to cut and paste the complete transcripts of both the BT and Sky chats in which this was explicitly stated to me both on Friday and Saturday (4 chats in all). 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Here are both the BT live chat and the Sky live chat advisors explicitly stating that I can add BT Sport to my Sky bill/be billed through Sky. On the previous day the chats are a little longer because my original question was not this at all but with BT and if I could be separately billed for BT Sport (separate from my quarterly BT line rentail) when it came up then. But here are the chats from the day after, Saturday, without the advisors names.
1530 hrs 20/07/2013 BT live chat
We are now routing you to one of our chat team...
Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. You are now connected with a
a: Hi
a: How may I assist you with your order today?
rob: Hi, I have an enquiry about BT Sport
a: Great what would you like to know/
rob: When ordering BT Sport via the Sky platform, by paying £12 per month, is it possible to keep billing separate from line rental for BT customers with line rental?
rob: I only have line rental from BT and pay quarterly over the counter and don't really want to change this. Thanks.
a: Yes, you can add this to your Sky bill
a: You can add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One month minimum term.
a: Sky TV customers signing up today will not be charged until August 2013 when the service goes live.
rob: Do you have a link or webpage for more info? Thanks.
a: Click here
rob: ok thanks - can you advise me where does it say I can add it to my Sky bill?
a: You can please click here to add BT Sport to your existing Sky Digital Satellite Platform service.
a: The option for this is on the order form
a: Thank you for chatting with me today, BT Values your feedback. Please click the End Chat. button at top right to close the chat.
Thank you for chatting with us.

1540hrs 20/07/13 Sky live chat
Chat InformationPlease wait for a Sky Advisor to respond. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training, legal and compliance purposes.
Chat InformationYou are now connected with a
Chat Information** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
a : Hi. Welcome to Sky, the home of must-see TV. You're chatting to a . Can I take your name please?
You: Hi, a
You: My name is Rob
a : Hi Rob
a : How are you doing today?
You: Not so bad. Are you okay?
You: I have a question regards BT Sport. My understanding was that I should contact BT about receiving BT Sport. Is that correct?
a : Yes that's correct , you will need to contact BT for BT Sports and it will be available with Sky TV package
You: Do I have an option to be billed through Sky or through BT, can you tell me?
a : You will be billed through Sky for BT Sports , you just need to contact BT to activate BT Sports
You: Just to confirm - the £15 activiation will show on my Sky bill along with £12 each month for the channel. It won't show on my BT bill? Thanks
a : Yes that will be shown in your Sky bill
You: ok thanks
a : You are welcome
a : Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
You: That's all. Thanks you for your help, a.
a : You are welcome
a : Thank you for chatting today. It was a pleasure chatting with you. Please click the 'End Chat' button to rate your experience on chat today.

The link the bt adviosr gives me is for the bt order form. What does the next screen say or what is the next stage after you have entered your Sky viewing card number and the other required details? https://www.productsandservices.bt.c...N&vendorid=SE7

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

@RobSmithS wrote:

@MartinH wrote:

@RobSmithS wrote:

BT Sport billing

Thanks

But there is a doubt about which bill I can add the amount to when both BT and Sky live chat advisors are stating explicitly it can be added to the Sky bill.

"Yes, its added via BT to Sky, and you are charged on your Sky bill, not a BT one" (BT live chat, Fri 1625hrs)

"From August 1st Sky is going to provide you BT Sports from Sky" (Sky live chat, Fri 1630hrs)

I would be happy to cut and paste the complete transcripts of both the BT and Sky chats in which this was explicitly stated to me both on Friday and Saturday (4 chats in all). 

There is no doubt. The Sky rep was wrong.

You can ONLY buy BT Sport from BT. There is NO such thing as "BT Sports from sky". You CANNOT pay anyone other than BT for it. Sky CANNOT bill you for it. 

If you prefer to ignore those facts in preference to believing incorrect webchats, knock yourself out. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

@MartinH wrote:

@RobSmithS wrote:

@MartinH wrote:

@RobSmithS wrote:

BT Sport billing

Thanks

There is no doubt. The Sky rep was wrong.

You can ONLY buy BT Sport from BT. There is NO such thing as "BT Sports from sky". You CANNOT pay anyone other than BT for it. Sky CANNOT bill you for it. 

If you prefer to ignore those facts in preference to believing incorrect webchats, knock yourself out. 

You did notice the first webchat was from a BT rep? The second is from a Sky rep. I am not believing incorrect webchats and ignoring facts - but what I am saying is that at this stage having both BT and Sky reps on live chat tell me I can be billed through Sky now is causing doubt. As is this report that Sky retentions are beginning to say they can provide BT Sport to Sky customers on their Sky bill via a third party.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Here are the first two chats from Friday. My enquiry to BT was about keeping BT line rental separate from BT Sport if taken. It wasn't me who mentioned being billed through Sky by the advisor. Surprised by that answer I then went on the Sky live chat and again was surprised to hear the phrase "BT Sport from Sky".

2 live online chats between myself and firstly a BT live chat advisor and then secondly a Sky live chat advisor:

BT Live chat 1630 hrs 19/07/13:

We are now routing you to one of our chat team...
Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. You are now connected with bt live chat advisor
bt live chat advisor: Hi
bt live chat advisor: How may I assist you with your order today?
rob: Hi Annabelle
rob: I have a general enquiry about BT Sport
bt live chat advisor: Sure
rob: When ordering BT Sport via the Sky platform, paying £12 per month, is it possible to keep billing separate from line rental for BT customers with line rental only from BT who pay quarterly over the counter?
bt live chat advisor: It's added to your sky bill, not a BT one
rob: BT Sport is added to my sky bill?
bt live chat advisor: Sky TV customers signing up today will not be charged until August 2013 when the service goes live.
bt live chat advisor: You can add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One month minimum term.
bt live chat advisor: You can please click here to add BT Sport to your existing Sky Digital Satellite Platform service.
bt live chat advisor: Yes, its added via BT to Sky, and you are charged on your Sky bill, not a BT one
rob: Has that changed today?
rob: <do you know only before I was told it was through BT
bt live chat advisor: It's only free if you have BT broadband for adding to Sky - otherwise it's charged directly to the Sky bill. I can confirm this applies to all orders
rob: Apologies but are you able to say is this now different to previously? I thought that up until this chat I could only add the channel (by paying £12 monthly) by paying through my BT account?
bt live chat advisor: I can confirm this has always been the case.
rob: On that link it does ask: "Are you a BT customer? If you've got a phone line with us, we can add BT Sport to the same account."
bt live chat advisor: Sorry, I'm just after clarifying this for you. The option is available for phone line customers on the online order form.
rob: It seems to be a different answer from yesterday that's all. Has something changed or is there somewhere i can see more info? Thanks
bt live chat advisor: It's available to order online and to add the costs of this to your BT bill today. Apologies for the earlier confusion. If you would like any further clarification, or would prefer to process this over the phone, please feel free to call our advisors on 0800 800 150. Freephone - open till 8pm.
rob: But just to confirm can I add the channels to my Sky tv bill as alternative to the bt bill?bt live chat advisor: Yes, you can opt for either
rob: strange - sure i couldn't do that before
bt live chat advisor: It's available on both online and over the phone

Sky chat 1635hrs 19/07/13
Chat InformationPlease wait for a Sky Advisor to respond. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training, legal and compliance purposes.
You are not currently in a chat session.
Chat InformationYou are now connected with sky live chat advisor
Chat Information** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
You: hi
sky live chat advisor : Hi. Welcome to Sky, the home of must-see TV. You're chatting to sky live chat advisor . Can I take your name please?
You: Hi, sky live chat advisor. It is rob here
You: I have a question regards BT Sport. My understanding was that I should contact BT about receiving BT Sport. Is that correct?
sky live chat advisor : Hi rob,how are you?
sky live chat advisor : Even with sky you will get BT soprts.
sky live chat advisor : However sky will come up with BT sports by 1st of August.
You: Do I get billed through Sky or through BT, can you tell me?
sky live chat advisor : Through sky If you take BT Sports from sky.
You: Has that changed recently, could you advise?
sky live chat advisor : From august sky Is going to provide you BT sports from sky.
You: How much and what is the process, please sky live chat advisor?
sky live chat advisor : Sure
sky live chat advisor : You have to come up on august for the cost and to upgrade online , sky had not yet updated yet online.
You: ok - but soon it will be possible to order bt sports channels direct from sky?
sky live chat advisor : Yes
You: ok thanks I hope you understand my bewilderment
sky live chat advisor : Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
You: no
sky live chat advisor : Thank you for chatting today. It was a pleasure chatting with you. Please click the 'End Chat' button to rate your experience on chat today.
sky live chat advisor : bye
sky live chat advisor : Take car

0 Ratings