cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavJames
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport on 2 Sky Boxes PLUS a YouView Box

I have BT Infinity broadband and I currently get BT Sport on 2 Sky Boxes. I think we're paying £10 for BT Sport on 2 boxes plus £5 for HD. I also want it on my YouView box. BT staff seem to get confused when I ask them about this as they all give different answers. I was once told by a supervisor that they would add a free BT Player subscription to my account so they could add the YouView £5 a month subscription to that.

Now I've been told that it would cost £19.99 per month as it would need to an additional subscription.

Does anyone here on any staff members know the correct answer?

Was also advised to get a Chromecast instead but does that play back in 1080i as I don't want 1080p 25fps as the framerate isn't as smooth. On the Chromecast can you record from an EPG like you can on Sky?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport on 2 Sky Boxes PLUS a YouView Box

I believe BT will allow you to have BT Sport at a discounted rate on one platform only. So if you opted for it on Youview  for discount rate .. You would pay the standard price for the service on Sky.  Chromecast is a streaming device ...it is not itself a recording device.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Note also that BT Sport is only available on Youview boxes that have an associated BT TV or Plusnet TV subscription.

My guess is that the BT TV Starter subscription would cost £5 (might be discounted to £0 for the first 12 months). Adding BT Sport to that would then cost an additional £19.99 as you have already made use of the heavily discounted BT Sport offer for BT broadband customers on the Sky platform.

You could use the free BT Sport offer on BT TV but then would have to pay £19.99 plus the extra box charge for it on Sky.

I might be wrong though so certainly worth checking with BT. Have you tried the UK based Customer Options Team via 0800800030 ?
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Note that there is a different BT TV Player only subscription aimed at retail Youview boxes. BT Sport can be enabled on that.

However threads on the BT Youview forum seem to have confirmed the following. The BT TV Starter package is just as cheap (cheaper for the first year), the terms are now similar for both packages with a 12 month minimum, you get a free non-recordable mini-youview box thrown in, and you can use your existing recordable retail Youview box instead. So the other BT TV Player only package seems pretty pointless.
0 Ratings
DavJames
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

How much is that?
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

How much is what?

According to the tariff guide ...
The BT TV player only Essential is £5.
The nornal BT TV Starter is £5 but has in the past been offered at £0 for the first 12 months. Check the BT TV web pages.
Also an activation charge might apply to either package.

The main point though is with either package you would still potentially have to pay £19.99 to add BT Sport (plus possibly another £5 for HD) if you wish to keep the cheap BT Sport on Sky as well.

Ask the Customer Options Team what your options are as that's what they are there for. They might be able to offer a deal.
0 Ratings