cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport on BT youview box

Hello I recently signed up for BT infinity 2 and TV and phone package, and have problems from day one on BT sport.

Whether I am watching the HD or SD version, it becomes un watchable, due to losing signal, you have to change channels, which take more than 1 minute, to come back, and low and behold, I just missed the goal, etc.  I understand the technical aspects, like it is dependant on usage of internet in my area blah, blah, but I can't use it for  the intended purpose.  Does anyone know why I can't activate BT Sport on my sky box even though I have the You View box, at least on the sky box I can actually watch the program.  I am told that since I have the youview box they won't activate it on sky.  I mean they can have the you view box back, BT sport was the only reason I switched to BT in the first place.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport on BT youview box

The point of multicast is that the use of internet in your area shouldn't affect it - it's one stream into the exchange, one stream to each cabinet, and then onto your phone line connection.

So what speed do you get on Infinity 2? Which HomeHub are you using? And how is your Youview box connected to the HomeHub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I have HH5, infinity 2, but the maximum that I can get is about 32 down and 5 up, even though, I am supposed to be closer to 60 down and 18 up.  Had an engineer come, and said I was probably on the cusp of the maximum, and no matter what I do I won't get faster than 35,  I have tried with homeplugs 500mbs, I have tried with direct cable to HH5, both are the same, watch for a few minutes then artifacts, freezes, etc.  But this isn't only related to the bt yourview box, I have an older TT youview, which does the exact same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Try a Pingtest:

http://www.pingtest.net/

and tell us the results (Line Quality Rating, MOS, Ping, Jitter, Packet Loss).

Also have you tried resetting your home hub?

0 Ratings