Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 1 of 17

BT Sport on DTT/Freeview

Just browsing and came accross this:

From 25th January 2014 BT Sport will only be available on BT TV for customers who have or take BT Infinity. Use our checker to find out if you can get Infinity.

So, BT are withdrawing BT Sports over DTT/with a viewing card?

At the bottom of this web page

Stew

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Sport on DTT/Freeview

Good spot Stew;)

Though I guess the brown stuff will hit the fan (or should that be even more will hit it - wooden spoon anyone) as one would think that BT's newest customers that joined for the sports only over standard BB won't be happy to have to pay extra for the upgrade to Infinity. Plus those whom that have been with BT for some time.

This is exactly one of the reasons why I didn't take up the free sport offer in the first place - I was waiting to see how things pan out:)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 17

So, thinking this through......if you have BT Broadband and can't/don't want Infinity, then you can't have BT Sport through BT TV .

If, however, you get Sky TV then you can have BT Sports through your Sky dish with normal broadband.

Does this sound as illogical to everyone else as it does to me?

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

sounds right to me.

It's the can't bit that may start the ball rolling.....?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 17

So, you are better to ditch BT TV and take Sky TV?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 17

For those that can get Infinity and those that can afford to upgrade to infinity then it may be ok to stay with BT.

Those that can't get - move to or back to Sky...?

Those that can't afford infinity - jiggle the figures to see what options work out to be the cheapest.

BT = simple products and services, without any hassle - NOT!:D

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 17

....and the logic to this is?
Or am I missing something?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

I assume this only applies to new subscribers otherwise there would have been howls by now. They did the same with Sky Sports when it was on Freeview, a precursor to ending the DTT service to make way for BT Sport. This is probably a precursor to ending the DTT service, full stop. The logic would be that it's not making money.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 17

@StewM wrote:
....and the logic to this is?
Or am I missing something?

Making MORE MONEY.....

(to recoup the outlay for BTSports, perhaps)

It's gotta be said, all these recent price rises are not just for the limos, parties, dancers, fodder, high up the chain pensions etc etc etc.

Infinity is the future I guess, but unless BT drop their current Infinity prices (it is cheaper for them in the long run) I'll be happy enough to jump ship:)

Oh, why I'm politely ranting:) - WE save BT around £98k per month just by helping on these forums - That figure is not made up as I've read a BT PDF* on their income and outgoings.

*can't post any link but it's out there to be had.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 10 of 17

Yes money. What I was getting at was that since the launch of BT Sports, BT has been signing up customers for BT Sports over DTT. The channels are a fixed cost regardless of the number of customers, so if BT are not taking any new orders then what happens to those who have just taken the service? They move to Sky?
0 Ratings