Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gm46
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Sport on Sky Q Mini Only

Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Sky Q Silver with two Sky Q Mini boxes.

Is it possible to have BT Sport on a Sky Q Mini box and not on the main box?

Previously I had BT Sport on a secondary Sky+ box in another room. That box has been replaced with a Sky Q Mini and I want to transfer BT Sport to that. I checked if this was possible before I ordered Sky Q and was told it would be (both Sky and BT confirmed this).

I phoned up today to give the new viewing card number and explained this again, and was still told it was possible (at no extra cost). After waiting a while, BT Sport was still not showing on the Mini. I phoned back and was told that it is NOT possible to do this and instead I have to pay £5/month extra to have BT Sport on all Sky Q boxes.

So now I'm not sure who is correct, or what I need to do to set this up.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
NeilO
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Sport on Sky Q Mini Only

Go to solution

@gm46 Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, I'm really sorry about any conflicting info provided.

I've looked this up and the Sky Q Mini set-top box doesn't have a Sky viewing card. Sky Q works by letting customers stream form their main Sky Q box to other devices and Sky Q Mini boxes. There's no viewing card slot in the Sky Q Mini box so we can only provide BT sport to the main box with the viewing card. If you wanted it on the mini box too a second box subcription is needed as both boxes work off the same viewing card. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings