cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport on Sky, but no HD?

Hi there,

I ordered BT Infinity, and Sky, back on 20/07/2013 ahead of a house move. A large part of the reason I opted for BT over Virgin was that I was drawn to the provision of free BT Sport HD on the Sky platform.

Over the last two weeks, BT Infinity was installed and on Sunday, Sky was installed. I'd previously activated BT Sport on an online only basis to watch the opening Premier League game of the season. I called yesterday (0132 445 2020) and provided my Sky viewing card number and now have access to BT Sport on Sky, but only the SD channels and not in HD.

Have others had this problem? 

Ed

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport on Sky, but no HD?

@tednol wrote:

Hi there,

I ordered BT Infinity, and Sky, back on 20/07/2013 ahead of a house move. A large part of the reason I opted for BT over Virgin was that I was drawn to the provision of free BT Sport HD on the Sky platform.

Over the last two weeks, BT Infinity was installed and on Sunday, Sky was installed. I'd previously activated BT Sport on an online only basis to watch the opening Premier League game of the season. I called yesterday (0132 445 2020) and provided my Sky viewing card number and now have access to BT Sport on Sky, but only the SD channels and not in HD.

Have others had this problem? 

Ed

Sounds like your Sky card activation has been treated as a new order, orders placed after August 1st don't get free HD. Whether this is what's meant to happen only BT can tell you. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi, as MartinH has already stated on his message, if your Sky order for BT Sport was after the 1st August then you will only get BT Sport 1 on channel 426 and BT Sport 2 on channel 427.

If you had ordered BT Sport for Sky before the cut off date you would have got BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 as mentioned above and also BT Sport 1HD on channel 413 and BT Sport 2HD on channel 414.

You can get the BT Sport channels in HD but you will now have to pay £3 extra a month for it to be available on your Sky viewing.

See here for more info: http://sport.bt.com/pages/sport/BT-Sport-on-Sky/index.html

Sky Digital Satellite Platform If you have a Sky satellite receiver box and viewing card, enjoy BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN in your living room. Watch on channels 413, 414, 417, 426, 427 and 433. HD available for £3 a month extra. Includes BT Sport app and online player.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

i have had bt sport on my sky box since it started. i ordered it well in advance of the start date and its brilliant, no probs with HD. the sport is on 413, 414 and ESPN on ch 417 and even thats free. i couldnt be happier with it. the coverage is superb with great commentary. its going to be a fantastic season of sport across all the channels  

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I had same problem, got BT in back in august and got BT sport on HD free for app and online, But when I got Sky in a couple of weeks ago and activated BT Sport on my Sky viewing card I only got the SD channels.

Anyway I have ordered it using the link above as it is free for the first 3 months.

0 Ratings