Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport on YouView Retail Boxes

Go to solution

I been told that BT Sports will only be on BT branded YouView boxes.

Will BT ever come up with a fix around so thast the likes of me that have a YouView reteil box and BT Infinity 2 with thre BT Vision Player Unlimited will get BT sports on the retail YouView box.

DCarren

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport on YouView Retail Boxes

Go to solution

Well despite what you have been told we know that BT are planning to allow owners of retail boxes to subscribe to a BT TV package that includes BT Sport and the other linear channels.

You won't however get it on your current £10 package.

If you believe this story:

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bt-reveals-bt-sport-via-retail-youview-boxes-details/0728968/

there will be new packages available for retail box owners (who happen to be on BT Infinity) to sign up to from Thursday. However the first we will know for certain is when we start receiving the emails directing us to the correct part of the website.

And if the details are correct we'll still have to pay the activation fee despite helping BT avoid the expense of supplying us with a new box Smiley Mad

Oh and we'll almost certainly miss out on free HD Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

If you want to register your interest with BT call them on 0800 800 801.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Oh and if anyone from BT peddles the line that Retail boxes won't ever get BT Sport to you again, just direct them to the following web page:

http://www.bt.com/player

and the paragraph towards the bottom which says:

Interested in BT Sport?
BT Sport isn't currently available on YouView boxes not bought directly from BT – but we are working on a solution to bring BT Sport to you. When BT Sport is available you'll need a BT Infinity and BT TV package to watch it on YouView.

ney
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies. Will the retail box box not also need some sort of sofyware update to get the new channels.

Darren

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
The latest firmware on the retail box (13.4.0) has been shown to work with multicast.

However BT have released two further versions 14.0.0 & 14.1.0 which contain fixes for certain issues. Retail boxes can't get these yet.

It could go two ways:

1) When you sign up to one of the new packages for linear channels over retail boxes BT take over your box and provide it with updates.

Or

2) They'll wait for the next Youview managed release which will contain the fixes within the v14 patches.
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

The channels are again appearing on my EPG - as before only the splash screen but it is some progress. 

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@Colin_London wrote:
The latest firmware on the retail box (13.4.0) has been shown to work with multicast.

However BT have released two further versions 14.0.0 & 14.1.0 which contain fixes for certain issues. Retail boxes can't get these yet.

It could go two ways:

1) When you sign up to one of the new packages for linear channels over retail boxes BT take over your box and provide it with updates.

Or

2) They'll wait for the next Youview managed release which will contain the fixes within the v14 patches.

Looks like it was the second option - Youview have just released v14.2.0 software for retail boxes just in the nick of time to allow us to order BT Sport on Thursday Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

As of the night I seem to have got an update to my YouView retail box and its now showing BT Sports on channels 507 onwards and says sign up at BTSports.com or phone BT. So as was said above the BT guy I taked to on the phone last week seems to have given me the wrong info then.

I already have BT Infinity and have at lest 14 months or so left on my Infinity contract.

Darren

0 Ratings
DrLargepants
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Have you sorted this yet ? I'm in the same situation and BT are being complete arses
0 Ratings