cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport on demand - problems under Win10

I am trying to watch BT Sport football on demand videos under Windows 10. However, 9 times out of 10, the videos start very blocky and stall after a few seconds while the spinner spins. If the video does start, it plays in HD for a while and then pauses and spins and never restarts. The pause and spin behaviour also occurs if I try to jump to a different part of the video using the time bar.

I have tried Firefox and Edge browsers but the behaviour is the same on all 5 PCs I have. I am on BT fibre and my speeds are 30 down and 5 up. Problem persists with wifi or direct cabled to Home Hub. Netflix, Vimeo, Youtube and Amazon Video all work perfectly.

Any ideas that I could try?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport on demand - problems under Win10

Sounds very odd, you say Netflix etc are OK but either you have 5 PCs' all with the same fault or (more likely) something common to all of them is causing a problem (i.e. a network fault), have you tried restarting your router and do you have another router you could try.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have tried router restart but nothing changes. I don't have another router to try.

One thing I just found out is that the problem seems to be limited to the videos that you need to be logged in to watch. Before you log in, some videos have a play arrow in the bottom right of their thumbnail and some have a padlock. After you log in, the padlock changes to an arrow. It looks like the non-padlock videos are open to all but the padlocks are for BT Sport customers only. Unfortunately, the match videos and league roundups that I want to watch all have the padlock.

You are right that the problem probably has a common cause. As all my other video services work fine it seems that BT must be the root cause. I will raise a ticket with them and report back.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

@dwsubc wrote:

I have tried router restart but nothing changes. I don't have another router to try.

One thing I just found out is that the problem seems to be limited to the videos that you need to be logged in to watch. Before you log in, some videos have a play arrow in the bottom right of their thumbnail and some have a padlock. After you log in, the padlock changes to an arrow. It looks like the non-padlock videos are open to all but the padlocks are for BT Sport customers only. Unfortunately, the match videos and league roundups that I want to watch all have the padlock.

You are right that the problem probably has a common cause. As all my other video services work fine it seems that BT must be the root cause. I will raise a ticket with them and report back.

I think that's probably as far as we can go with this problem in the forum, perhaps a mod could run with it from here

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Quick update on my problem. I remembered I had a Chromecast and used it with the BT Sport app on my android phone. All the videos play perfectly all the way thru and I can even jump to specific points on the timeline.

The only problem I have is that the android app seems to show older videos. For instance the Serie A review show is at week 18 in Win 10 and only week 13 in the android app. Still, better than nothing.

0 Ratings